Red Caboose Getaway Bed and Breakfast
24 Old Coyote Way Sequim, WA 98382
  • The bed was firm, but with a soft pillow top that gave me the best night's sleep I've had in a long time
  • If you are ever spending time in the Olympic National Forest or Seattle, it is definitely worth it to swing by Sequim and check out the Red Caboose Getaway

• by Anthony Ingram-Westover

When my husband and I were planning a trip to Seattle, Washington, we came across a list of the most unusual bed and breakfasts across the United States. One in particular stood out to my husband who is a huge fan of trains; the Red Caboose Getaway in Sequim, Washington. Sequim is a small town a couple hours away from Seattle, but it sits in a secluded section of the state between the bay and the Olympic National

Forest and Olympic mountain range. The Red Caboose Getaway fits in perfectly, with six currently available rooms, each inside a uniquely decorated caboose.

Unlike other bed and breakfasts, you are not sharing a building with other guests, except for the dining room at breakfast. Each guest gets their own caboose decorated with themes such as an ocean getaway, a winery, the wild west, or Las Vegas. The cabooses are small, but we did not feel cramped at all. There was an excellent Jacuzzi tub at the back of the caboose that completely melted away the day’s stress, and an extremely comfortable queen size bed. The bed was firm, but with a soft pillow top that gave me the best night’s sleep I’ve had in a long time.

There is only the one bed and there is no door between the Jacuzzi and the rest of the room, so the lack of privacy might be a concern if you ...

• Red Caboose Getaway Bed and Breakfast
      are traveling with a friend rather than a spouse. Each room also has an assortment of DVDs that fit the theme of the caboose, a flat screen television, and the original, very small, toilet closet. The only time I ever felt cramped in the room was when I used the toilet.

The breakfast was very elegant and served in a communal dining rail car. Everything was made fresh by the owner, his wife, and their son, and every course

was made using locally grown ingredients, including fresh raspberries, apples, lavender, and mint. The breakfast was phenomenal, and completely unlike anything I have had in a restaurant. The owner and his family were also very personable, and the conversations we had with them were as enjoyable as the breakfast itself.

If you are ever spending time in the Olympic National Forest or Seattle, it is definitely worth it to swing by Sequim and check out the Red Caboose Getaway.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29101619190731/k2311a109/10.9.13