Pyrex 32 ounce Glass Measuring Cup  » Housewares  »
  • At my local Bed Bath and Beyond I found this measuring cup and it made such a big difference in the kitchen
  • I am also a soap maker using the melt and pour method and I like to make medium sized batches of soap
  • I prefer the microwave as it it is quicker and this measuring cup holds up wonderfully in the microwave with Saran Wrap over it

• by Crystal

Commonly people purchase the one or two cup measuring cups because often that’s all you need to measure your liquids for cooking. I often have family over and have to double my meals and find myself having to double measure everything. It might not sound like a big deal but it’s one of those little hassles that makes cooking more tedious. At my local Bed Bath and Beyond I found this

measuring cup and it made such a big difference in the kitchen. Baking especially became a lot easier. It’s also roomy enough to be able to mix things in the cup. So if you need to mix liquids and an egg, you have the room to do it without having to measure and then pour into a mixing bowl.

I am also a soap maker using the melt and pour method and I like to make medium sized batches of soap. The smaller measuring cups do NOT cut it when it comes to soap making. The reason being, you have to cube the soap before you melt it and that practically doubles the amount of space you need. I find this perfect for making a pound and a half of soap, plus adding additives and fragrances. I prefer the microwave as it ...

• Pyrex 32 ounce Glass Measuring Cup
      it is quicker and this measuring cup holds up wonderfully in the microwave with Saran Wrap over it. It does get hot, even though it is microwave safe, but not so hot that I’ve ever burned myself when touching the bottom, You really just have to be careful as you would any other microwaved item.

It pours really well too. I’ve used measuring cups that just don’t seem to pour well in

that they actually spill off the sides of the spout. I have yet to see a spill with this one. It is so important to have accurate pouring especially in soap making.

I have yet to see it retail for over 10 USD when not on sale. So basically if you have a BBB coupon or go to your local grocery store you can pretty much get it for under 10 bucks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 538101619140731/k2311a108/10.8.13