Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Sooth and Glow Seahorse
  • This little musical seahorse is one of the best bed time purchases we have made for our son
  • I think that the bubbly noises give it a nice touch because ocean type sounds are said to soothe babies
  • I believe it to be true because my son has always loved this seahorse and it has always managed to calm him down before bed or nap time
  • From the time he has a newborn, we would put this toy right outside of his crib and play it right after we put him down

• by Crystal

This little musical seahorse is one of the best bed time purchases we have made for our son. It plays about 5 minutes of lullaby style music with various songs. It has a flute/piano like sound to it with little bubbly noises between songs.

I think that the bubbly noises give it a nice touch because ocean type sounds are said to soothe babies. I believe it to be true because my son has always loved this seahorse

and it has always managed to calm him down before bed or nap time.

From the time he has a newborn, we would put this toy right outside of his crib and play it right after we put him down. If he was having trouble falling asleep, we would just play it over and over again while we rocked him until he fell asleep.

You can pick which song to start on by pressing the seahorse’s belly when it gets to that song. We found that the most soothing way for him to fall asleep and stay asleep is for the music to end on the twinkle twinkle little star tune.

It seems to be lower than the other songs and sort of drifts peacefully into an ending sound; not ending abruptly with no music. If we want a longer song without having to press a button every minutes then we have no choice but to use something different but ...

• Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Sooth and Glow Seahorse
      this has proven to work many times with only 5 minutes of songs.

If I had to change one thing about it though I would make an additional switch that could make the play time up to 20 minutes. Sometimes that’s how long it takes my son to fall asleep and he likes his music on the whole time.

It’s a small factor but worth pointing out. There are also two internal buttons where you can adjust the volume.

The baby wouldn’t be able to get to it at a very young age, but an adult can easily switch it from lower to higher music. I personally like the louder setting which still to me isn’t overly loud.

There’s no loose parts and I even feel safe leaving it in the crib. The battery life is pretty decent but it is a little annoying changing the batteries.

All in all, a solid investment, especially at under $20.

Brehan Walker says :

I have 3 girls. They all received one of these as welcome home gift. Favorite of all 3 even at 2,5 and 6 they still have them in bed at night.
One of the only toys that actually soothed them back to sleep. If you have a baby that has colic you know how priceless this is to your sanity.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 548101619050731/k2311a108/10.8.13