Coffee and Tea Maker by Faberware  » Housewares  »
  • I found that the best solution to avoid coffee in my tea was simply to use this for tea only
  • I used the strong brew and it was very strong, just the way I like it
  • In conclusion, I would recommend this maker for coffee or tea, but clean all the parts thoroughly before switching from coffee to tea

• by Suzanne Wilson

The Farberware 12-cup Coffee and Tea Maker that I purchased almost a year ago is still working very nicely for me. I trust the Farberware name from using my mom’s pots in the kitchen when I was a child. In adulthood, I received Farberware pots and they are still in my family to this day. So the choice was obviously to go with a Farberware when I recently needed a superior coffee and tea maker.

This maker has some excellent features with few draw-backs. It

can brew 1 to 4 cups or a full pot. It has a delayed brewing timer. It has a water filter and removable coffee and tea filters. It lets you adjust the brew to strong if desired. The draw-backs were just that the water filter gets dirty rather quickly, and when you switch from coffee to tea you must clean the coffee well completely or else you get coffee residue in your tea. If you want to buy another water filter it is available. I found that the best solution to avoid coffee in my tea was simply to use this for tea only.

The tea filter is very easy and effective using either tea leaves or tea bags. The tea brews completely and tastes exceptional. The tea filter cleans the best if you wait for the tea leaves to cool, then turn the filter up-side-down and gently shake out the leaves. The rest of the used leaves will be removed if you run the filter under water and ...

• Coffee and Tea Maker by Faberware
      lightly scrape the screen. Small pieces will get wedged in the screen, but keep turning the filter while scraping lightly and all the pieces will come out.

Some tips to remember as you prepare the tea is to make sure the filter is snuggly inserted into the carafe, and that the carafe lid is tightly closed. Either of those not done will result in water spilling or spitting as well as tea leaves getting in the water. Also do not fill the water too high

as you fill the water well, again, the tea leaves will rise and leak into the water that’s already brewed.

The coffee that I brewed once or twice in the beginning was perfect. I used the strong brew and it was very strong, just the way I like it. If you want regular coffee or tea, make sure the strong button is NOT lit.

In conclusion, I would recommend this maker for coffee or tea, but clean all the parts thoroughly before switching from coffee to tea.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537101618950731/k2311a107/10.7.13