Epic (2013 Movie)  » Movies  »
  • This can make it have a kind of shallow feel to it however considering the age range it is not much of a weakness

• by Isadora Night

Epic is a Blue Sky film that details an animated story of teenage girl who finds herself literally shrink into a world of tiny people that live in the forest surrounding her father’s house. Her father had been studying these people for many years with no success and no one - including his daughter (before she was thrown into the world herself) - believed him when he tells them of their existence.

Mary Katherine, also known

as MK is the main character. She is a rather generic version of a teenage female. Strong willed and her feet firmly planted in the ground. Intelligent but known to be a little slow at realizing things. She is an agreeable character because dispute her ignorance she does not really do anything to directly harm anyone. She is always neutral or vigorously helping good in any way she can. Her father is also another generic character. Clumsy and almost geekish. Everything he does is rather predictable. This would be unbearable if not for the fact that he is only in about 1/3 of the movie.

The little people are described as a intelligent race. The little people include not only small human like creatures but also a whole ecosystem of taking creatures (including flowers, calipiters, snails etc). The thing that makes these people distinct and yet plain in a ...

• Epic (2013 Movie)
      way is the unity in personalities. The snails are goofy, a bit shallow brained and have more faith in their strength then they should. The human-like creatures are more varying but are mostly regal in personality. The exception is the flowers who are also human like but are more extreme in emotion (hysterical to very naive.

Dispute the lack of variation is is fairly balanced mainly because you see basically only the main characters with some

zoom in on minor background characters. The humor a little dry at times and to a degree fresh.

The animation is all digital but detailed and vivid. It does not have that feeling of realness like other animated classics such as Monsters Inc , Mulan etc because it is more digital than not. This can make it have a kind of shallow feel to it however considering the age range it is not much of a weakness.

Jamie Kinkaid says :

I think this movie is pretty good. But i think they should make the bad guys a real animal like a rat. The leaf men was not real but it was not made up it was small little men in leaf armor. Over all it is funny for little kids 6 and the snails are super funny. Thank You :)

Alexis Hall says :

I think it was an overall great movie. I’m a teenager so I’m positive the kids would love it. It’s really funny and the little creatures are cute and the slug and snail have a lot of humor added into the movie. From 1-10 I would rate it a 9

Shannon says :

I saw this movie with my children at the theater when it came out and we all loved it. I bought it for my children for Christmas so we have watched it many times since. My daughter is 9 and my son is 6.

Elle says :

I loved the movie. The animation is too good. I think the kids will love it too.

Carla says :

My kids enjoyed the movie. Graphics is really good especially if you watch it in 3D.

Christiano James says :

Ya, the movie is surely great and the graphics are very much awesome than the other films of the same genre. Everyone will like it.

Stacy says :

I have to say…the best part for me about this movie was the little three legged pug. I have a pug, and that little dog made me laugh so hard because the behaviors were spot on. They must have actually studied how pugs behave or something. Because the running into things, the spinning in circles, the bounding around it was just perfect It amazes me the simplest things that computer animators can do.

Azriel says :

I like animated movies. They are very cute and i just appreciate appreciate these works of people that gives out wonderful stories and graphics. I admire these because of the uniqueness of the story. I have recommended this movie to my brother’s kids and they loved and enjoyed every second of it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 114101618900731/k2311a104/10.4.13