The Catherine Wheel Public House Restaurant, Henley On Thames, UK
7-15 Hart Street Henley-on-Thames Oxfordshire RG9 2AR
  • I enjoy sitting on the leather sofas with a drink if any are available
  • You are always given plenty of time to order at the bar, then you simply tell the friendly bar staff your table number to receive the delicious food
  • I'm always really impressed by the quality of the food
  • I really love their summer cocktails and desserts

• by Sarah

I’ve dined in the Catherine Wheel Public House restaurant so often now, as my daughter used to attend college in Henley on Thames. It is always our first choice restaurant to eat out in, if we go shopping in Henley. You don’t have to phone up and book a table at this restaurant; you just turn up and choose a table number. You can book if you want too but I’ve never needed to.

There are three restaurant rooms to choose from including a

large outside area if the weather is nice. I always find there are plenty of tables available whenever I turn up.

What I particularly love about the restaurant is the incredible value for money. You can buy a good quality large meal for as little as £3.00. I really enjoy looking at the large menu they have; feeling particularly delighted if I’m offered a free drink with my meal. Many of the meals do come with a free drink, so that really saves some money. There is a wide choice of both hot and cold food including a breakfast, lunch and evening meal section. Children’s menus are available too.

The interior is decorated with a lovely elegant style that always makes me feel so comfortable. I enjoy sitting on the leather sofas with a drink if any are available. You are always given plenty of time to order at the bar, then you simply tell the friendly bar staff your table number to receive the delicious food.

• The Catherine Wheel Public House Restaurant, Henley On Thames, UK
      The service is always fast and efficient with hardly any waiting time.

I’m always really impressed by the quality of the food. It is always cooked extremely well and presented on clean white dishes. I feel calm and relaxed in the friendly welcoming environment as staff frequently comes over to check everything is satisfactory. You are never hurried out of your seats or made to feel you have stayed too long. You are free to stay for as long as you like.

Whenever I

look around the place, it is always so clean and tidy; including the stylish ladies room. Everyone always seems so relaxed and willing to help you. You don’t have to tip the staff but if you want to leave a tip, you can do so at the bar. I always feel like I got incredible value for money and look forward to going back. I really love their summer cocktails and desserts. They always change their menu every so often to provide a good variety of food.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 74101618870731/k2311a104/10.4.13