It’s a Grind Coffee House  » Restaurants  »
Pine Ridge Rd, Naples, Fl
  • I'm not a jazz aficianado so the mega-chain coffee house has never been my favourite place to while away the afternoon

• by Chuck
      Suddenly there’s a splurge of coffee houses springing up in Naples and all of them offer their own take on the Seattle formula. It’s A Grind in the Mission Square West shopping center on Pine Ridge Rd has become one of my favourites. First and foremost, the coffee is excellent.

In the morning I fill my travel mug with the red eye coffee and a little cream. It’s very smooth, without the acidic taste of some strong brews.

Conviently,

the brewed coffees are in thermal dispensers at the counter so when the line is long I’m not waiting the cashier to pour everyone their own drink. They also make the usual assortment of blended and iced and espesso drinks.

I really like their blended coffee more than that “other” chain’s because they’re a lot smoother, less ice crystals collected at the bottom when the coffee is all gone. Also available are many pastries and sandwiches which the very pleasant staff ...

• assures me are baked on sight.

If you order a bagel or croissaint or anything from the case, the server will bring it to your table. Sounds like a small thing but it does mean that customers are not congested around the counter.

Another plus is the free internet access. They have a long, padded bench with four small tables, perfect for sitting and surfing the net while enjoying the coffee.

Lastly, on a purely personal note, I greatly enjoy

the music played. I’m not a jazz aficianado so the mega-chain coffee house has never been my favourite place to while away the afternoon.

Usually the music is either blues or adult alternative (Sarah McLachlan, REM, etc) On the weekends they have live music, though, I have not been it seems to be mainly accoustic playing before the working fireplace. All in all, It’s A Grind is a pleasant alternative for a place to relax and enjoy a superior cup of coffee.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71405161880931/k2311a0514/5.14.07