FURminator deShedding Tool for Large Dogs  » Pets  »
  • I highly recommend buying the large one straight off the bat because at over $50 USD a tool
  • It’s tempting to keep going because you feel like the hair is coming off in never ending clumps, but I know from experience that you have to know when to stop
  • That was definitely my fault from being too rough but that just goes to show that you have to be super careful and not get carried away

• by Crystal

When we first brought home our 3 month old Golden Retriever puppy, we knew she was going to be big, and she was going to have a lot of hair to shed. Goldens are known for their mass amount of shedding and every brush or comb I’ve ever used on any of my other dogs never reduced the amount of shedding. I used to give up brushing my pups because I felt like it never made a difference. When we brought her to the vet for her first check up,

the nurse recommended buying the FURminator as it was supposed to drastically reduce the amount of shedding from your dog.

I can honestly say this holds true. We first bought the medium sized tool since our girl was smaller but we quickly moved up to the large one. I highly recommend buying the large one straight off the bat because at over $50 USD a tool; that’s a lot of dough to spend.

There’s no reason the larger one can’t be used on a puppy either. It really just covers more surface area. As far as the performance, it is phenomenal and far superior to any other brush I have tried.

I have tried the undercoat rakes, the wire brushes, the mitts etc. and none removed as much hair as this. We used to take pictures when we would brush her because it looked like we brushed an entire cat off of her.

There was just that much hair. It thoroughly gets down to the undercoat and I could even see it pulling the dry skin ...

• FURminator deShedding Tool for Large Dogs
      off of her outer layer of skin. It is so effective that I advise being extra careful with this brush.

If you overdo it you WILL irritate your dog’s skin. It’s tempting to keep going because you feel like the hair is coming off in never ending clumps, but I know from experience that you have to know when to stop. I made the mistake of brushing the backs of her legs too forcefully and too much once and it actually made her bleed.

I think it definitely made

her sore too. That was definitely my fault from being too rough but that just goes to show that you have to be super careful and not get carried away. I definitely recommend this brush to any dog owner looking to reduce shedding around the house as the brush lasts and is majorly effective.

Just keep in mind to be easy on your pup and keep with the brushing. If you stop brushing or don’t brush at least a couple times a week, the hair will just wind up all over your house again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2923091618400730/k2311a0923/9.23.13