Zoes Kitchen - Restaurant in Savannah, Georgia  » Restaurants  »
2.5
1821 East Victory Dr Ste 107 Savannah, GA 31404
  • Now that a new one has opened in Savannah, my friends and I decided to give it a try
  • Even though its a rather developed area, the plaza is nice and new, and it makes for a pleasant outdoor dining experience
  • I like cafes like this where I order my food, pay at the counter and someone brings it to me - it's convenient, but I still get to sit down and enjoy
  • I was really disappointed with the small portion size considering the price and mediocre (AT BEST) quality of the food
  • I would not recommend Zoes Kitchen to others

• by Melanie Noell

After living in Asheville, North Carolina, I was familiar with this chain restaurant although I had never actually gone inside. Now that a new one has opened in Savannah, my friends and I decided to give it a try.

The restaurant is centrally located and easy to get to from the islands, downtown Savannah and Ardsley Park, with none of those locations requiring more than a 10 minute drive. It’s located in a plaza with a new Whole Foods, PetSmart and Chipotle, which seems fitting for this type of restaurant. However, the major drawback is that this area on Victory Drive is incredibly crowded because in addition to all of the new shops located within the plaza itself, there’s also several other plazas nearby

containing a Target and a Kroger. On top of that, the parking lot designed for the handful of new shops and restaurants is rather small, so if you come at peak hours - particularly on weekends - you can expect to have trouble with parking. I went to eat on a Wednesday afternoon and quickly found parking, but when I have been in the plaza on weekends, there is no parking for any of the stores or restaurants, which makes stopping in a hassle.

The restaurant itself is clean and simple, and I really like the outdoor seating. Even though its a rather developed area, the plaza is nice and new, and it makes for a pleasant outdoor dining experience. Inside, everything seems very organized and orderly, as you are easily directed from the door to the line that forms to order at the counter. I like cafes like this where I order my food, pay at the counter and someone brings it to me - it’s convenient, but I still get to sit down and enjoy. The wall that encloses the line to the counter is also great because there’s no confusion over who’s next, like sometimes happens at Panera. There’s a nice mixture of booths and chairs, and the booths are comfortably large enough to accommodate 4 people. I like that it feels fairly open in the restaurant, yet the booths provide a bit of privacy.

The menu is Mediterranean influenced, and I was delighted ...

• Zoes Kitchen - Restaurant in Savannah, Georgia
      with the range of vegetarian friendly options available. I ordered the vegetable kabobs and split some hummus with my friend. The hummus was good, although it was a bit bland. I also think they could have given us a few more pita chips to accompany the hummus, but the portion size is pretty good for the price. My veggie kabobs on the other hand were not good at all. I was really disappointed with the small portion size considering the price and mediocre (AT BEST) quality of the food. My meal was around $8 and came with a small side of white beans and a small greek salad. The beans were the best thing on the plate, but it was a weird pairing
      in my opinion. The Greek salad was a bit wet and there was very little flavor, and the Greek dressing on the table tasted nothing like Greek dressing. The kabobs were tiny, over-seasoned, and didn’t taste very fresh. I can’t really say much more about the food other than that I was not satisfied, and I have no desire to eat here again. There are plenty of local restaurants with much better and fresher food for similar prices.

Overall, while the location and restaurant itself are nice, the main reason for going to a restaurant - the food - is quite a disappointment. My food was over-seasoned and sloppy, and I didn’t even like the seasoning. I would not recommend Zoes Kitchen to others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 723091618380730/k2311a0923/9.23.13