Vtech Go Go Smartwheels Car Carrier  » Baby care  »
  • This car carrier is definitely a favorite in my household
  • I think he really uses his imagination with this toy too

• by Crystal

This car carrier is definitely a favorite in my household. My 21 month old loves this toy however there are a few things I would like to point out about it as well. First off I’ll name the pros. It holds many of his smart wheels vehicles, and he has a lot of them.

It will hold at least six when the top and bottom are stacked. My son has easily squeezed more than that in there though. He loves to load up the carrier and bring the “car lift” up and down.

The lift actually turns into a ramp when it’s lowered

and he really likes to drive the cars into the carrier and then roll them out. For a 21 month old this will keep him entertained for awhile. I think he really uses his imagination with this toy too.

He drives this around his room whether or not there are cars in it and I can tell he really has fun with it. There are a lot of phrases and sounds that go with it and the bottom level has the smart wheels feature that recognizes the cars. But, as with all the other units, you have to make sure you drive the vehicles over the switch properly in order for it to recognize the vehicle.

If it’s not the right direction, it will just play random sounds. There are a few educational buttons on it and my son sometimes like to press them but it really isn’t a key feature for him. Alongside the buttons is a little crank that tends to get stuck.

It’s really not a key feature also and my son hasn’t shown much interest in it. One major thing I would like to point out that definitely needs work on this vehicle is the ramp. I can’t get this ramp to stay in place for more ...

• Vtech Go Go Smartwheels Car Carrier
      than a few minutes of play when it is loaded on the top.

There’s a little slit that you need to slide the ramp in to that is really hard for my son to do and even when I do it; it just doesn’t want to stay in place. It is very frustrating to me but still doesn’t take away from the overall fun factor of the toy. VTech really does need to work on the ramp though.

There are also a few random pieces that come with the toy. There’s road signs, etc and when I first gave them to my son all he wanted

to do was put them in his mouth. I understand not all toys are meant to be put in the mouth but for a toy rated 1.

5 years+, the stickers should be on better. He managed to remove the stickers from biting on the road sign pieces for a few minutes. They would be better off not putting the stickers on, or not even including all these pieces.

He would rather play with it without the extra pieces anyway. I think this is a toy worth getting if your little guy is into the smartwheels cars. It’s one of his favorites and is worth the $30 USD at Toys R Us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5423091618320730/k2311a0923/9.23.13