A+D Diaper Rash Ointment and skin protectant
  • Sometimes when my son gets sever diaper rash, I put a stronger ointment on him and recently I think it has been bothering him

• by Crystal

I am a huge fan of A & D original ointment for so many reasons. The most important reason of all is that it has helped my son so much. He is still in diapers and I’ve tried so many different diaper rash creams on his sensitive bottom.

Some of them were effective but none were as gentle, effective and clear as this one. A lot of the ointments out there have zinc oxide in them

which is what makes them that whitish color.

While I do think that zinc oxide is highly effective at treating a lot of major diaper rash symptoms, I have concluded that is not necessary for minor diaper rash and irritation. Sometimes when my son gets sever diaper rash, I put a stronger ointment on him and recently I think it has been bothering him.

Sometimes he flinches when I put the white ones on; maybe because they sting. But he has never been bothered by A&D original.

I also don’t like the mess the white creams make. They tend to get everywhere and they don’t turn clear as advertised by some brands.

With A&D, I don’t mind if a little gets on clothes or sheets because it isn’t overly greasy and you can’t even notice it. It has a very mild, distinctive smell that to me smells like a fresh baby bottom.

My ...

• A+D Diaper Rash Ointment and skin protectant
      son has had rashes in other places than his bum as well. He has gotten it all around the diaper area, and by that I mean his sides and his stomach.

All I’ve needed to do was rub a little A&D original on it and it clears up by the end of the day. It is truly amazing.

It is comprised of lanolin and petrolatum and it seems to have the perfect amounts of each.

I used this to help heal a tattoo I had gotten and I tried some generic version the tattoo place gave me and I broke in to a horrible rash.

There must have been some sort of additive in the generic version. I switched to this one and the rash immediately cleared up and healed beautifully.

It is a great diaper rash healer and skin protectant and you can usually get it at many retailers for under 5-6 USD.

Ashley Herrington says :

re : Sometimes when my son gets sever diaper rash, I put a stronger ointment on him and recently I think it has been bothering him
No diaper rash cream is better than A D diaper rash and skin protectant ointment With my youngest daughter, no matter how often I changed her, what brand of diapers I had used, she always seemed to manage devoloping a diaper rash Ive tried EVERYTHING Butt-paste, Desitin, store brands, none of them worked right. They either kept the rash the same or burned her bottom and irritated her While a good friend was visiting one day she recommended A D diaper rash ointment, so I figured after trying everything else, I may as well give it a try I got the smallest tube of A D that Target sold, thinking it was going to be just like the rest and turn out to be a waste of money To my surprise, it was nothing like the rest When putting the ointment on her, I expected her to be immediately uncomfortable and fussy like she was while using previous products NO not the case It never bothered her A couple hours later, was the real test To see if it had cleared her bottom Sure enough, CLEAR No diaper rash whatsoever GONE JUST LIKE THAT A D diaper rash cream is a miracle in a tube I would recommend this product to ANYONE with an infant with diaper rash Though everyone is different, and everyone’s skin reacts differently, however, for my daughter, it worked like a charm In fact, Ill be buying more "just in case" when I return to the store

Nina Cacic says :

A D ointment is good for severe rashes but is not favorable to babies with sensitive skin. In this case, coconut oil is very gentle, heals rashes quickly and doesn’t suffocate the skin. It’s a good alternative for a baby who cannot tolerate ointments.

Jennifer Davis says :

My youngest daughter had extremely sensitive skin as a baby and the only thing that I could use on her was a cream called Butt Paste by Boudreaux. It was so much more gentle than anything else I tried.

Rachel Gordon says :

I love A D ointment as well, however my children were born with very sensitive skin. I was unable to use desitin as well so my doctor recommended bacitracin. Bacitracin is amazing and I use it for multiple ailments. You can find it with the neosporin products. I have not tried the coconut oil, which may help too. I just know that bacitracin works perfectly for kids and sensitive skin. I hope this helps.

Rachel Gordon says :

Yes I believe strong ointments can exacerbate the problem. The first time my son had a diaper rash I put desitin on it like all the other moms. Within a few hours it looked as though it was going to bleed. I got him to the doctor and she had me try bacitracin. It was a miracle. It helped the rash immediately with zero burning or irritation. You might want to give it a try.

Tawn Steffes says :

I agree that Vitamin A D ointment is some of the best diaper rash medicine available over the counter. My daughter is years past diaper age and I always have a tube on hand, there are so many different uses. It helps my daughter, who has very sensitive skin when she gets heat rash, and her Pediatrician gave her okay for this use.

The only other thing that helped me daughter’s rashes was something called Baby Butt Paste, I’m unsure of the brand, but it says Butt Paste right on the label. It had a nice smell and a creamy consistency.

Jenn says :

I agree that AD Ointment is useful for other things such as heat rash. I use it when I get a new tattoo because it provides everything I needed to keep the tattoo healthy.

Jennifer Davis says :

I used Butt Paste a lot with my youngest daughter since she was allergic to Desitin and I loved it. It is made by Boudreaux. It works excellently.

Tonya Ryan says :

I Love This Ointment. I used it on my kids when they were little. It’s great for keeping diaper rash away and keeping babies bottoms soft. I even love the way it smells. This is a great product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5423091618310730/k2311a0923/9.23.13