Crafter’s Choice Basic Square Silicone Soap Mold
  • I decided I wanted to make my own huge bar of soap that would last
  • For around 22 USD from Amazon, I highly recommend this soap mold to anyone who is interested in making soap

• by Crystal

When I started the hobby of soapmaking I wanted a durable mold that I would be able to use over and over again without fail. I knew I wanted something flexible as well. This mold was the first and only mold I have ever purchased in my soapmaking ventures.

I wanted a mold that could hold a big bar of soap. So many times I have come across soap makers who make their bars reasonably

small and charge a hefty penny for them.

The thing about homemade soap is that it generally doesn’t last as long as the commercial soaps because it doesn’t have all those artificial ingredients. Therefore, after spending tons of money on other peoples’ handmade soap; I decided I wanted to make my own huge bar of soap that would last.

This mold easily holds 6 ounces per cavity and there are 6 cavities. I don’t make huge batches of soap since I don’t sell them, so I’ve only needed this one mold.

My soaps were coming out so good after awhile of learning how to make them that I wanted to make some for Christmas presents. Most of the molds out there make a decent basic soap bar but I wouldn’t want to make a regular sized soap bar for a Christmas gift.

I wanted them to be big and last for my ...

• Crafter's Choice Basic Square Silicone Soap Mold
      recipients. Again, this mold totally fit the bill.

Some people have complained about silicone soap molds being too delicate and actually tearing while they tried to release their soaps. This mold has been used tons of time and I have yet to see and signs of wear.

It doesn’t take too much to get the soaps to release from the mold either which is a major plus. As long as the soap is dried

completely before unmolding, then they will retain a perfect square shape and come out beautifully.

For around 22 USD from Amazon, I highly recommend this soap mold to anyone who is interested in making soap. One thing to point out though is that I have only used it on melt and pour soap and not cold process; however I am confident enough in this mold to say that it would hold us just as well in any method.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323091618240730/k2311a0923/9.23.13