Tom’s of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick - Lavender  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I think the sweat basically washes away the deodorant so that it’s like I didn’t apply anything at all
  • I know it’s not just me either because my friends who use everything vegan tried out this deodorant and they normally don’t have a sweating/odor problem but stunk by the end of the day after a full day of meetings using this deodorant
  • I don’t recommend this deodorant to anyone who remotely sweats

• by Crystal

Whenever I can get my hands on a natural product, I’m always willing to try it out. I always figure natural is better for me so why not see how it works. Let’s just say, natural doesn’t quite cut it for the excessive sweater with odor issues.

I’m used to using the clinical protection deodorants with strong scents that absorb and crush odors. To be

honest, no antiperspirant/deodorant out there has ever stopped my sweating but this one doesn’t even come close.

I understand that for it to be completely natural it can’t contain antiperspirant ingredients, but that being said it defeats the purpose of using anything under my arms for me. At least if it blocked the odor better I would rate it higher but once I sweat for a few minutes, the sweat odor pours right out.

I think the sweat basically washes away the deodorant so that it’s like I didn’t apply anything at all. It has no staying power on the skin.

I know it’s not just me either because my friends who use everything vegan tried out this deodorant and they normally don’t have a sweating/odor problem but stunk by the end of ...

• Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick - Lavender
      the day after a full day of meetings using this deodorant. When you first take the cap off I will say that the lavender scent really does smell good.

I’m assuming it’s used with essential oils since it claims to not really have artificial type ingredients, and I’ve always loved the smell of natural lavender essential oils. I think it’s something that would perform better as a

soap or potpourri scent rather than in a deodorant though.

This type of scent needs to remain unaltered by any natural body chemistry. I don’t recommend this deodorant to anyone who remotely sweats.

If you are the type that never sweats and never smells and is just looking for a fresh scent every so often then I absolutely think you would be ok with this… however those are big “ifs. ”

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123091618180730/k2311a0923/9.23.13