Pillsbury Gluten Free Thin Pizza Dough
  • I would recommend not allowing young children to help with this part because the pan and dough are very hot
  • All in all I think it is a great product for people who are gluten sensitive, but I think I’ll stick with regular pizza dough because of the price

• by Tylyn Thevenet

I tried Pillsbury Gluten Free Thin Pizza Dough because I had a coupon for a free tub of it. I have to say that this product is very different from normal pizza dough. First off when I opened the package the dough was in one lump and it was light tan. Normal pizza dough is white and it normally takes forever to scrape it off the container because of how sticky it is; this dough was not sticky

at all.

The next different part is the cooking instructions. They start out normal with preheating the oven, but that is the last similarity with normal pizza dough. This dough is pressed onto a round pizza pan, not rolled or stretched, just pressed. It is a lot easier than normal dough you just drop the lump of dough on a round greased pizza pan and start pressing it onto the pan. Next, without using any sauce, cheese, or other pizza topping the dough goes into the oven for twelve minutes. After it comes out is when the sauce, cheese, and any other toppings are added. I was hesitant for this part because I was afraid of getting burnt, but I used a spoon and made sure not to touch the pan and I was fine. I would recommend not allowing young children to help with this part because the pan and dough are very ...

• Pillsbury Gluten Free Thin Pizza Dough
      hot. After the pizza is dressed it goes back into the oven for another twelve minutes. When it comes out this time it is ready to be cut and eaten.

I rated Pillsbury Gluten Free Thin Pizza Dough with a seven because first off it tasted like a normal pizza, even if the prep and cook was very different. I personally liked the fact that it was a thin crust pizza, but without being overtly thin. I did not give Pillsbury Gluten Free Thin Pizza Dough a higher rating because it is way more expensive than regular pizza dough; it is priced at $3-$4 depending on where you buy it from. Also the pizza took much longer to make than regular pizza and it only comes in a thin crust variety. All in all I think it is a great product for people who are gluten sensitive, but I think I’ll stick with regular pizza dough because of the price.

Carol Ng Lin Joo says :

re : All in all I think it is a great product for people who are gluten sensitive, but I think I’ll stick with regular pizza dough because of the price
HELLO I LIKE YOUR PRODUCT.
AT FIRST LOOK ITS A VERY GOOD STORAGE AFTER FIRST TIME USE.
VERY USER FRIENDLY, LETS HOPE THE COVER IS NOT HARD TO OPEN.
THE COLOR IS AMAZING, NOT RED OF COURSE. GOOD IDEA
IF YOU COULD A LITTLE MEANING TO THE GLUTEN OR GLUTEN FREE THAT WOULD BE GREAT, COS I DO NOT GET WHAT YOU MEAN….AS I HAVE LITTLE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT GLUTEN….I AM DEADLY SERIOUS. I ALWAYS SEE THIS WORD, BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS, IT LINKS ME TO VEGETARIAN…..SORRY AND THANK YOU.

misty replies :

Gluten is a general name for the proteins found in wheat (durum, emmer, spelt, farina, farro, KAMUT khorasan wheat and einkorn), rye, barley and triticale. Gluten helps foods maintain their shape, acting as a glue that holds food together.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719091618090530/k2311a0919/9.19.13