The Hunger Games (Hunger Games #1) By Suzanne Collins
  • The Plot- Such an Original Plot layout that I enjoyed having read
  • This is only a small negative, but the cave scene near the end of the book, by god the cave scene was boring

• by Lee Paton

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is a World Best-seller book that tells the story of a girl named Katniss Everdeen who takes her sisters place in a event called the hunger games that is televised and where 12 contestants are forced to fight until only one is left standing; and that one left will be rewarded.

This book I had really enjoyed reading; except for the cave scene, but I’ll get to that later.

First, I want to share with you my 99% positive outcome

of having read this book. In short about what I mainly liked about this book.

The Characters- I loved the character descriptions used throughout the book. Suzanne really brought a realistic touch to every single character portrayed through-out the whole book.

Katniss (Lead female Protagonist) had girl tough nuts and yet managed to hold to her feminine side well. She was selfless and strong all in one. (That I like) Peeta was the softie that everyone couldn’t help but come to love no matter how many times he needed to grow some nuts himself.

And for the rest of the characters, they all really did hold a trait I couldn’t hate. whether they were bad or good, all brought good to the book.

The Plot- Such an Original Plot layout that I enjoyed having read. So new and different from many other YA books being released nowadays. Gosh, I’m ‘goshing’ at how I hadn’t thought teenagers fighting to the death would make a good book. Its bad but it worked ...

• The Hunger Games (Hunger Games #1) By Suzanne Collins
      so well as a story-line.

It had taken me two days to pour through this book (from start to finish) and come out wanting more. I liked the book so much I had pre-ordered the second book in the series the day I had finished the first!

Now, all wasn’t ‘cheery’ sadly. This is only a small negative, but the cave scene near the end of the book, by god the cave scene was boring!- well, I won’t detail it as it may ruin it for

those of you still getting around to actually reading the book…but the cave scene dragged on for a little too long that it had me yawning tears of boredom. BUT other than that, the book really is worth the read. (It only gets better once you survive the cave scene!)

I had brought a copy of this book from mighty ape for around $25 (Paperbck & NZD) and I feel happy that I had wasted my weekly allowance on it.

I rate this book a 9.99! :D

Adrienne says :

Amazing book If your looking for an action thriller that will get you exited, this book is for you. I red thin book a year ago and I fell in love with it, I could not put it down

Isadora Night says :

Agreed, it was defintely worth the money. Did yoou ever try Book 2? It was better thab the first.

• To Buy or Not to Buy
  • + Great book and an easy interesting read. Well worth the money. ;

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1712091617820830/k2311a0912/9.12.13