Rat Attack at Leeds Festival 2013  » Music  »
York
  • It's always great seeing a smaller band play because the experience is much more personal, it's an opportunity to discover someone new, and there's less pushing from crazy fans
  • I found myself dancing within seconds, grinning uncontrollably
  • I only tore my gaze away for a moment to give an approving nod to my friend, who gave me an impressed thumbs up
  • Rat Attack are currently unsigned, but with their sound, exciting shows and enthusiasm, they are definitely heading to the top of the party punk scene

• by Poppy

Rat Attack are a party punk band from England who were founded in 2010 by band members Mike Hodges (vocals), Charlie Wesson (guitar), Dan Wilson (bass) and James Flavell (drums). They played on the Rock/Lock-up stage at Reading and Leeds festival in August 2013.

It’s always great seeing a smaller band play because the experience is much more personal, it’s an opportunity to discover someone
      new, and there’s less pushing from crazy fans. I’d listened vaguely to a number of Leeds festival bands but I happened to find myself at the Lock Up stage by chance just five minutes before Rat Attack were scheduled to play. I settled myself at the front and waited for them to come on and melt our faces. They were right on time.

Rat Attack’s sound is bouncy, rocking and exciting. I found myself dancing within seconds, grinning uncontrollably. Mike, the main singer, jumped enthusiastically around the stage during their entire performance, a huge smile on his face and stars in his eyes. He looked delighted. They poured their hearts into their set and it was well worth it. It wasn’t long before ...

• Rat Attack at Leeds Festival 2013
      the Lock Up stage area was flooded with excited people cheering. I only tore my gaze away for a moment to give an approving nod to my friend, who gave me an impressed thumbs up.

I didn’t know the songs but it didn’t matter - Rat Attack rocked. Twice Mike jumped from the stage to get involved with the crowd. The whole band looked like they were having a huge amount of fun, and the happy, excited mood was incredibly infectious. I found myself looking up more of their live shows once I got home. Rat Attack are currently unsigned, but with their sound, exciting shows and enthusiasm, they are definitely heading to the top of the party punk scene. I definitely hope to see more of them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1410091617720830/k2311a0910/9.10.13