Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee
  • BUT this angel book, though it involves a strong romance that I say is so smooth and actually welcoming,- this Angel book is the best I have come by so far
  • For me some characters come to be either overly witty- to the point I feel like knocking some heads together OR lacking any wit at all and just plain boring

• by Lee Paton

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee was Published May 21st 2011 by Feral Dream.

In short its a book about Angels hell bent on destroying our modern world, street gangs rising up and ruling the day and an older sister given no choice but to save her kidnapped sister- even if that means confiding with one hell bent and wingless angel.

At first I hadn’t a mind to read this book, because the story-line hadn’t held any appeal to me what-so-ever. I wasn’t interested in angels taking over…or a girl hell bent on getting her sister back! -I had thought, ‘Heard it all before and frankly it ain’t all that great!”

BUT, this book came to me as a real surprise. It was thanks to the book cover (As covers really

do good) that had me reading into this book. And it had turned out to be a really GOOD read for me. :)

Peryn (The older sister) is the strongest female protagonist I have read of so far; who for once hadn’t had me feeling like I should be tearing my hair out strand for strand in frustration. Its because of her determination that had me actually liking her, but also because of how selfless she was on her main quest; to save her sister. Unlike some books that say that the lead protagonist is strong and all this, that when you actually read into it they are strong but also selfish because they somehow find time to kiss boys under a blue moon for a few pages when they should be focusing on

an important quest!

Peryn was different, She just hadn’t the time to be kissing or going to balls for a boy, who would?! when someone loved has been taken, you don’t have the time to take a break and think about boys. Its just ridiculous….selfish.

Also, the whole Angel concept was a slight turnoff for me…as I had read some ‘down-beater’ angel books previously. BUT this angel book, though it involves a strong romance that I say is so smooth and actually welcoming,- this Angel book is the best I have come by so far.

Angelfall starts off with plenty of action, not so much that it’ll make you feel put-off by the end, but plenty enough to have you standing on tiptoes. I’m not one for full on action, but I say this ...

• Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee
      one was HOT and had me under its grasp in seconds!

It had a great dialogue. Witty and not over the top. For me some characters come to be either overly witty- to the point I feel like knocking some heads together OR lacking any wit at all and just plain boring. BUT the characters in Angelfall, especially One of the leads Raffe (AKA Hell bent angel) had the best witty attitude I had the pleasure of discovering.

Angelfall’s settings were also well set out. It wasn’t over dramatized as I had expected it to be…especially the characters. Some books make the mistake of over describing mythical figures (ANGELS especially)to being all this and that and all so much that sometimes it can make you feel put off, OR frankly, sick. But Angelfall had

a good description flow to it…AND the angels weren’t portrayed overly evil as the book descriptions says but you had the right sense that they were. The settings were portrayed grubby, but it wasn’t so detailed you were yawning tears by the time they finished describing just a bin.

I have no negativity to give on this book as it hadn’t given me any reason to say anything bad about it.

Angelfall by Susan Ee was a great read. I loved it and I’m sure many others had. If you hadn’t read it and your a definite lover of the Hunger games series or Angels in general, then I’m sure you’ll really enjoy this book. It is a part of a on-going series, so start reading now if you want to find out how great it truly is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1710091617680830/k2311a0910/9.10.13