Meet The Browns Film (2008)
  • That's just how much I enjoy watching this movie
  • In all honestly, Meet the Browns film is one my favorite movies from Tyler Perry
  • Yes, there's the play, and the TV series, but the movie is by far the best out of all of them
  • I know that a lot of people have mixed feelings about Tyler Perry's work, and I have be honest with some of his recent work I am one of those people
  • Overall I love this movie and I would recommend this to someone who wants to watch a good family movie

• by Nitakb

I’ve watched Meet the browns so many times that I literally know the script by heart. That’s just how much I enjoy watching this movie. In all honestly, Meet the Browns film is one my favorite movies from Tyler Perry. Yes, there’s the play, and the TV series, but the movie is by far the best out of all of them. I know that a lot of people have mixed feelings about Tyler Perry’s work, and I have be honest with some of his recent work I am one of those people.

But Meet The Browns is a fantastic film. It has comedy, the kind

that’s kind of corny but it did earn a few chuckles. Then there’s the minor romance that appears later in the film. Romance, that’s not R rated and unsuitable for children to view. It’s kind that’s subtle and generally unfolds. Then there’s a small tragedy, that occurs but doesn’t overpower the entire film. Every time I watch this film, almost every emotion hits me all at once.

The story line revolves around Brenda Brown, a well to do woman, who loves her three kids, and works hard to keep the bills paid, and food on the table. But yet, she still comes up short and

often times doesn’t have enough to pay all the bills, for day care for her youngest child, and even for enough food. In a scene of the film we see her and her friend Cheryl (played by Sofia Vergara) on the city bus, on the way to work. Brenda opens some of mail, and finds a letter informing that her father passed away, and there’s going to be a funeral. There’s three bus tickets to Georgia, inviting, them to come down, because of the reading of the will. She ends up going down there.

Then there’s Harry, whose a basketball recruiter, and also lives in ...

• Meet The Browns Film (2008)
      Georgia. He comes down to recruit high school players, which happens to be Michael, Brenda’s son. Later in the movie Brenda and Harry meet when he comes to Brenda’s apartment to talk Michael. They don’t start off on the right foot. But later they meet again when Brenda travels to Georgia for the Funeral. Harry instantly shows a attraction towards Brenda, and try his best to close to her. Later in the movie they begin to spend more time together, in a clean decent manner.

This movie is a modern bumpy happy ending kind of movie. There is a few parts where I was going

“Really?” and then there was part where I was going “Aww.” Basically this movie is under theme of the damsel of in stress to go from “Rag to riches.”

The acting in this movie in my opinion is authentic. I mean to the point where I wanted to punch the screen at some scenes, and give a round applause at others. There are so many different facts that contribute to this movie in a whole. I don’t care how many times that I watch this, it never gets old to me.

Overall I love this movie and I would recommend this to someone who wants to watch a good family movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119091617590730/k2311a099/9.9.13