So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus: Vanilla Almond milk  » Food  »
  • I’m not a complete stranger to the brand So Delicious
  • I found myself double taking the container to make sure it wasn’t really labeled unsweetened
  • But then there’s the issue of the matter of taste
  • I would recommend this product to someone who is looking for a beverage that’s free of soy and dairy, and contains added benefits that’s good for the body

• by Nitakb

I’m not a complete stranger to the brand So Delicious. I was introduced to it by Aunt when she was visiting one summer, and she brought some of their products. She’s a real health nut and tends to stay away from dairy products. She’s not allergic but she tends to use more alternative food items. So to say, she opened me up to another world of food products.

I decided to give So Delicious Diary Free Almond Plus: Vanilla Almond milk a try when seeing it one morning before going to work.

Normally I stick to Silk’s version of almond milk, but at that particular moment I didn’t have any of it. I can honestly say after trying this product I will stick to Silk.

My first impression of So Delicious’s almond milk was that it was seriously lacking in flavor. I couldn’t taste the vanilla at all. I taste more of a loosely strained graininess of almond milk that was water down. I shook it pretty well before opening, and still there was this weird taste. The almond milk is not smooth, and probably the closest I’ve ever come to real raw almond milk (if there’s even such a thing). It isn’t all that sweet either. I found myself double taking the container to make sure it wasn’t really labeled unsweetened. This was a real disappointment in my eyes.

The plus part comes with all plant-based protein, and the full spectrum of essential amino acids. The container claims also that it has five times the protein of most other almond milks. There’s Vitamina,C, D and B12, Calcium, Iron, Folate, Magnesium, Zinc and selenium.

• So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus: Vanilla Almond milk
      Not to mention there’s seventy calories, with only twenty being fat, zero cholesterol, only ninety-five rams of sodium and nine grams of potassium. Eight grams of carbs and nine grams of sugar with five grams of protein.

The nutrient part of this almond milk is perfect, and great for person who trying to be on top of their health. But then there’s the issue of the matter of taste. They got it right with the benefits but they slacked on the flavor factor.

I wasn’t all that satisfied with this product. Since I only

drank one container out of the four pack, I ended up giving the rest to my mother, who seemed to enjoy them more than I did. I can’t see myself buying this again the future. I will mostly likely stick to Silk when it comes down to almond milk. I can’t necessarily say So Delicious is a bad brand but they didn’t make a great product.

I would recommend this product to someone who is looking for a beverage that’s free of soy and dairy, and contains added benefits that’s good for the body.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276091617530630/k2311a096/9.6.13