Astro A40 Wired Gaming Headset  » Electronics  »
  • I acquired this headset as a Christmas present last year and have had nearly 1 year's experience with it and I am loving it
  • The Dolby 7.1 surround sound on this headset is absolutely insane compared to what I thought it would be like, and it makes the game feel much more alive
  • The Mixamp that comes with the headset (I have the wired which is what I recommend) is packed full of options to customize your audio experience to whatever feel you like most

• by Graham Pees

I acquired this headset as a Christmas present last year and have had nearly 1 year’s experience with it and I am loving it. In this review I will give features, downsides, upsides, and my opinion on the headset.

Pros: Headset audio quality is AMAZING! When I first put these on I felt as though the sound was coming out of the walls! The Dolby 7.1 surround sound on this headset is absolutely insane compared to what I thought it would be like, and it makes the game feel much more alive.

The Mixamp is really cool. The Mixamp that comes with the headset (I have the wired

which is what I recommend) is packed full of options to customize your audio experience to whatever feel you like most. From being able to balance the game and chat volume to turning surround sound on and off, this headset has MANY features. First thing that I really enjoy is the EQ mode changer. For a while I didn’t know about this feature but now I am really a big fan of it. There are 4 different EQ modes to choose from. Pro Mode, Core Mode, Media Mode, and Sport Mode. I usually use Pro Mode just because I play Call of Duty competitively as well as other major MLG games. But whenever I want to kick back and watch or play some sport games, a few presses of the EQ changer and I get a great sports feel to the audio tone. Watching a movie or TV? Another click of the EQ changer and I’m immediately indulged in my movie or show and I even sometimes lose track of time! Anyways enough about the Mixamp, this list about the Mixamp could go on forever.

Comfort. When you hear this word, you may think of some really nice things. When you put this headset on and adjust it to your head size, its like having ...

• Astro A40 Wired Gaming Headset
      a lazy boy chair wrapped around your head. The ear cups are very cushiony, and they cup your whole ear. If you take the headset off, the speakers rotate 90 degrees and you can place the ear cups comfortably down on your shoulder. No more times where you have the headset on your shoulders where it starts to hurt after leaving them on your neck too long, because this headset is comfy and well fitting to most head sizes. The headset itself is rather light and it looks very expensive as well. (It probably looks expensive because it is somewhat expensive)

Cons: The only con to this headset

is the mic quality. When you talk into the mic it doesn’t pick up the first couple of words because it is very insensitive to make sure you don’t head background noise and disturb your teammates because of some noise in the background. The mic could be a little bit more sensitive and that would make it a 10/10 product, but if you want a quality headset for gaming and other purposes, get this one! This is absolutely the best headset for gaming and others on the market, and I really recommend you get this if you are looking for a really good headset that will last you a very long time!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 166091617380630/k2311a096/9.6.13