Jennie O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links  » Food  »
  • These sausages are so darn good that I found that I cook different dishes with them, and can eat them alone without anything else
  • I think I ate more of these during the lunch hour than I did for breakfast
  • You can also boil them, but the best way to cook them quickly and thoroughly is in the skillet
  • I enjoyed these sausages so much that I look for them each time I visit my neighborhood Kroger
  • I would recommend this product to a friend

• by nitakb

Breakfast for me is usually a egg and sausage sandwich, and almost always eaten while I am on the go. Then there are the moments when I can sit down to a nice plate of breakfast. One product that I’ve come to enjoy with both of these methods of breakfast, is Jennie O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links. These sausages are so darn good that I found that I cook different dishes with them, and can eat them alone without anything else.

They are even good enough to enjoy for lunch and dinner. I think I ate more of these during the lunch hour than I did for breakfast.

In one package you get about fourteen or so links. The sausages are about the length of an average sized index finger. One serving is only two sausages which is funny because to me they taste so good, that I can easily eat more than just two. They are seasoned though and though and they aren’t at all salty. They actually add flavor to whatever else that i eat them with. The another great thing about these sausages is that they are lean. They are ninety percent lean and ten percent fat. They also have less than sixty five percent fat than regular pork sausage.

They are pretty easy to cook. They typically instruct you to spray the skillet with an nonstick cooking spray, and then have the skillet preheated over medium-high heat.

• Jennie O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links
      Then you would place them, and turn occasionally and cook about fifteen to seventeen minutes. They come raw, so it’s important to cook them thoroughly.

You can also boil them, but the best way to cook them quickly and thoroughly is in the skillet. Although I found that you can also cook these assuages in the microwave on high for about two and a half minutes to about three. If you cook them too long, they will swivel up and harden.

The serving size of two sausages is ninety calories with forty five being from fat. There’s forty-five milligrams of cholesterol, with three hundred and seventy milligrams of sodium. There’s no sugar and there’s ten grams of protein.

I enjoyed these sausages so much that I look for them each time I visit my neighborhood Kroger. Normally they are $2.99 a package, but sometimes I can find them on managers special for $1.29 or even lower than that.

I would recommend this product to a friend.

Warsaw Wizard says :

I read all the different comments about how to cook these and thought I would do a comparison. I tried three methods of cooking the Jennie-o turkey breakfast sausage links. Micro wave for several times and several different power levels. I found that they get to 165 degrees at 2 minutes at power level 7, they still have their, but they are dry. I boiled them. I started with cold water just enough to cover them about an inch, brought it up to a boil, let them boil for 30 seconds, turned off the heat and let them set for 2 minutes. They reached proper internal temperature, were moist, but the seasoning boiled out and they were bland. I cooked them per package instructions and they turned our perfect after I found the cooking setting they liked. The first ones were a little dried out because my burner medium was a little too hot. So I conclude that the manufacturer knows how their product likes to be cooked.

Erin Harper says :

re : These sausages are so darn good that I found that I cook different dishes with them, and can eat them alone without anything else
My family absolutely loves these . The low fat content makes it easy to include them in meals more often and the lack of grease that they produce makes for an easy clean up.

The price is right like most of the companies turkey products and when combined with ground turkey , these sausages make your traditional meatloaf EVEN better.

I really enjoy the flavor , as I thought that the lack of fat content might leave them a bit dry or flavorless. I was very wrong They are perfect by themselves or as a substitute for your less healthy bacon additions or regular pork sausage.

Steven says :

Jennie O Turkey Sausage Links are the best. Eating them as a snack has helped me to lose 30 pounds. Eat these instead of carbs. Problem is I am told Jennie O has stopped making them

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 275091617340830/k2311a095/9.5.13