Mucinex DM  » Medicine  »
  • It does cost slightly more than other medicines on the shelf but is well worth the extra cost
  • I have found that DM encompasses the most symptoms and is the best for chest congestion
  • I also noticed that I was sleeping better due to the lessened pressure in my chest from all the mucus build up
  • The Mucinex did make me a bit drowsy so I may not recommend taking it if you are going to be driving far or operating machinery

• by Deb Gentile

Mucinex DM is a cough medicine and cough expectorant that you can purchase over the counter. Mucinex clears up nasal congestion and helps relieve sinus infections more quickly than most medicines currently on the market. It does cost slightly more than other medicines on the shelf but is well worth the extra cost. Mucinex will not only help clear up sinus congestion but will also help immensely to ease breathing and chest discomfort

caused by mucus buildup. There are several different types of Mucinex including DM; Cold, Flu and Sore Throat; Multi-Symptom and Cough & Chest Congestion. I have found that DM encompasses the most symptoms and is the best for chest congestion.

I had had a horrible sinus infection for several days and nothing seemed to be helping. I finally tried Mucinex at the recommendation of my doctor and within 24 hours I felt loads better. I hate trying to take pills and so I purchased the liquid form from the store. While it was not the tastiest thing ever I have to say it was not as disgusting as I expected it to taste. Within a couple of days I no longer had the horrible pressure in my head that comes from sinus infections. I also noticed that I was sleeping better due to the lessened pressure in my ...

• Mucinex DM
      chest from all the mucus build up. While it took a little longer for me to get completely over my illness I am grateful that the Mucinex addressed the worst of my symptoms so quickly. Mucinex DM is now a permanent fixture in my medicine cupboard.

The Mucinex did make me a bit drowsy so I may not recommend taking it if you are going to be driving far or operating machinery. However the

drowsy side effect was a welcome one at the time since I had been so sick. I have also been able to take it and still function fairly well at my desk job so it is not one of those medicines that will knock you out completely. I would also recommend drinking lots of water with the medicine, as it is an expectorant and water will help the medicine move along and do its job.

Mucinex DM

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2630081617100931/k2311a0830/8.30.13