St Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Facial Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like my skin care products to be as natural and effective as possible
  • Every so often a few pimples will pop up but I believe that's par for the course
  • I do recommend using it twice a day if you have skin like mine
  • All in all, an A+ product and definitely worth trying

• by Crystal

I have very bad combination skin which means it is incredibly oily but if I use products that are too strong it will dry out horribly. I have struggled for awhile trying to find something that will clean my face, stripping it of the acne causing oils; yet not drying it out so bad that it looks white and flaky. I also prefer products that don’t contain ingredients that are to harsh such as

certain “medicated acids.” I like my skin care products to be as natural and effective as possible. I started using this St Ives product years ago and haven’t gone back.

It meets all of my requirements and my skin feels completely invigorated after I rinse it off my face. I can feel the gentle scrub exfoliating my face and sort of waking it up at the same time. I do have to make sure I rinse it well because I often intentionally rub it into my hair line (a major acne prone place for me) and I’ve come out of the shower with little beads still stuck in my hair. It takes a little extra work to get it out of my hair if I’m not shampooing my hair at that particular juncture; but it really isn’t a big deal. I haven’t seen any drying of my face ...

• St Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Facial Scrub
      after using this and I have been using this product for a long time as I mentioned before. As far as the acne factor, it has greatly reduced the amount of acne I get. I really think that the pure clean behind this product is what keeps my acne at bay. Every so often a few pimples will pop up but I believe that’s par for the course.

I always buy the large container

because it is truly a much better value for the money. It costs $4.50 at my local shoprite and lasts a very long time. I do recommend using it twice a day if you have skin like mine. My oils accumulate so fast on my face that if I skip a washing, I will get a decent breakout by the next day. All in all, an A+ product and definitely worth trying.

Christina says :

I have used this product naby times and it always seems to get that stuck in your pore make-up and oil. Im used to using higher end products so to my amazment i was able to find someting at wal-mart that works just as well if not even better at times.

crystal replies :

i too love how it makes your pores feel much fresher

Carly says :

I used to use this scrub on my face a couple of years ago, but found that my breakouts would occur more frequently when I used it. I researched acne medicines and tips to reduce pore size and found that you irritate the skin when you use harsh exfoliants on your face. Although it is a great product for getting really heavy makeup off and leaves your skin feeling great, there can be a downside to this product. Most people, like myself, used it everyday which caused all the irritation. I did cut back on the use and used it about once a week, but found other products that contain Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid to be much more productive on my face. I do like how the apricot scrub has all natural ingredients, but for more acne prone skin, I just needed a little more power. Also, it smells amazing I love the body scrub

crystal replies :

you are right about the salicylic acid to be most effective but i just love the squeaky clean feeling of the scrub. i do use the salicylic acid occasionally

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130081617090931/k2311a0830/8.30.13