Canton Bookcase from Joss & Main  » Furniture  »
  • I just knew it would compliment my living room decor and would look lovely in my new space, and so I bought it
  • I love that this bookcase looks so simple, yet more stylish than just a regular bookcase with shelves and it somehow makes any space that this is put in better
  • Cleaning is a breeze with a feather duster to help collect the light dust that accumulates on the shelves, or to wipe with a damp cloth - Or, what I would recommend using since the shelves are made of wood, Pledge
  • This is, by far, the best bookcase (In design, as well as quality) that I've owned so far

• by WholexHearted

At the time of my purchase for this, I had not spent more than $100 for a bookcase and I didn’t think that I would spend a little more than $200 on such a product until I saw this Canton Bookcase from Joss & Main and I just fell in love with it. I had just moved into a townhouse with hardwood floors, and the shelving on this bookcase is made of wood (And since the stand itself is white, made all it the more perfect.) I just knew it would compliment my living room decor and would look lovely in my new space, and so I bought it. I love that this bookcase looks so simple, yet more stylish than just a regular bookcase with shelves and it somehow makes any space that this is put in better.

What I love most about this (Besides the white base and wood shelving.) bookcase is that as opposed to looking like a regular bookcase, the shelves extends outside the base and that

it’s ‘open’ from front to back (Has no backing, so you see right through it to the wall.) and doesn’t make the area look closed off. It’s also incredibly sturdy as opposed to most other bookcases that I had and doesn’t wobble nor slant on my hardwood floor. There is some assembly required when you get this; Just putting the two bases together and then adding the shelves, which was exceptionally easy and took no time to do, I was done fairly fast. Also, the bottom was very smooth and so when I moved this from where I put it together to a few feet against the wall, sliding it, it didn’t scratch my hardwood floors and just slid along nicely to it’s place. Although I could have easily just picked it up and moved it there if need be, it’s not that light to carry, but it weighs a decent amount of weight. And unlike a regular sized bookcase, there’s a bit more shelf height between these shelves so you can fit larger things on them than you usually would be able to and I really like that because now I have a space to place several of my large decorative pieces, etc, that I really hadn’t had space for before.

The shelves don’t feel flimsy or lightweight, and they actually hold a considerable amount of weight (At least a whole row of books worth) without dipping in the middle because of the weight, it looks like I could even add a few more books or things and it still would hold up fine that’s how good quality the wood shelves are. Nothing looks worse on a bookcase than bent shelves - That usually don’t even straighten after removing the weight if it’s been there awhile.

Cleaning is a breeze with a feather duster to help collect the light dust that accumulates on the shelves, or to wipe with a damp cloth - Or, what I would recommend using since the shelves are made of wood, Pledge. That’s what I ...

• Canton Bookcase from Joss & Main
      use (I actually use a feather duster first and then a few sprays of Pledge) and it cleans beautifully while keeping the wood shiny and smooth, looking its best. Pledge keeps the wood from becoming dull overtime and it a lot better than just using water to clean.

This was the very first product that I had purchased from Joss & Main. Being a frequent online shopper at many stores, I’m always learning about new online stores from advertisements and such and this store was one of them and I am very pleased that I came across it and took a look because I now have a very nice bookcase in my living room. It makes all my regular bookcases I’ve ever had and liked in the past pale in comparison now. I know spending more than a $100 is probably not ideal on something as a bookcase for most people, but if you can afford it, I would definitely recommend getting at least one of these bookcases. This is, by

far, the best bookcase (In design, as well as quality) that I’ve owned so far.

Because I loved this Canton Bookcase so much, I even bought another one and placed it right beside the one I had so that each of them are together and now, I just have a very beautiful space of shelves with various things placed among them: Books, plants, photo frames, little decorative pieces here and there, CD’s, etc, things such as that. I would definitely recommend this bookcase - It’s good quality for the price, it’s very nice, although not that affordable, it’s a great buy and if you’re looking for a really simple yet elegant way to showcase and display some of your items, this bookcase is the way to it. This bookcase is available for purchase at Jossandmain.com so check it out, you won’t be disappointed. I honestly can’t think of a single bad, disliking, thing to say about this bookcase and I really don’t think you’ll be able to either if you give it a buy.

Kristen G says :

I really like the open look to the bookcase. I have plants and it’s been hard to find something that will give them the light they need and still look nice. Thanks for the recommendation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5728081616920831/k2311a0828/8.28.13