Apple Earpods  » Electronics  »
  • I found out that I could control the loudness and pause the music without even touching my ipad
  • In all, I think that the Apple Earpods are a pretty nice pair of budget earphones, and their design is pretty nice

• by Ryan Chang

Apple has made so many revolutionary products over the entire lifespan of the company. It has dominated the smartphone market with the iPhone, the tablet market with the iPod, etc. Apple headphones had never been the leader of the market, mainly because of the bad build quality, sound quality, and uncomfortable design. However, since iPhone 5, Apple has created new headphones-the Apple Earpods.

According to Apple, the Earpods took three years to develop, and have been tested on more than 600 people’s ears to make sure it was comfortable for everyone. My friends all recommended it, so I went to the Apple Store

and bought one too. It was pretty cheap at 30 bucks (for an Apple Product), and to my surprise, there was even a nice looking box for it! I was pretty amazed.

I happily plugged the earpods into my iPad 2. The earpods seemed to be stuck in my ear. That was good news, because the old Apple headphone always fell out. However, it was not very comfortable. One of it’s edges seemed a little sharp and after listening to music for twenty minutes or so, my ears felt uncomfortable and I wanted to take them off.

I found out that I could control the loudness and pause the music without even touching my ipad. The buttons were a little small and hard to press. Next I went outside jogging. I plugged the headphones into my iPod and started to listen to music. It did not totally block out the noise outside but it certainly did not fall out of my ear, as it promised.

Last, there is something I have to say about the sound quality: it is very inconsistant. When I was playing Maroon 5’s song, Moves Like Jagger, it was pretty good and had a great sound quality. However, when I was ...

• Apple Earpods
      playing Burn it Down by Linkin Park, to my surprise, there was a creaking sound as if the earpods were broken! I was very frightened. Lastly, if you prefer Classical Music over Pop songs, buy something else. Classical music did not sound very good with the Apple Earpods.

I also noticed another strange thing. When I plugged it into a device that is not made by Apple, the overall sound quality actually decreased! I don’t know if it was because it was only designed for Apple devices, but it didn’t really make much sense. My device was an Android Sony Xperia U. The

music usually sounds good on that device!

In all, I think that the Apple Earpods are a pretty nice pair of budget earphones, and their design is pretty nice. It’s sound quality is pretty mediocre but it really sticks on your ears, even when you are running. This is not a revolutionary earphone set and did not live up to it’s promise on the Apple homepage completely. But for 30 dollars US, I think that they are good enough. I have been using the Apple Earpods for half a year now, and I have been pretty content with it’s performance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1622081616641031/k2311a0822/8.22.13