The Amazon Kindle Fire HD
  • This is because of the unbelievable charity-shop style prices on brand new books on the Amazon Kindle store (I bought a brand new book that came out from a well known author a few days ago for only £5
  • The speakers are amazing, it doesn't have the general tinny feel of a media device like my mobile phone or iPod touch
  • I love things with long battery lives and therefore I am thrilled with what I've been given with this item
  • If you don't want to root it (completely fine as it took me an entire night to work out, especially with some pretty tense problem-solving
  • This is quite a helpful tool and means you can get some of your favourite files without any extra hassle or voiding your warranty - which rooting does

• by Hana Roberts

This item was bought for me as a birthday present. I am an avid reader and recently lusted after the standard Kindle with the 5 way directional button. This is because of the unbelievable charity-shop style prices on brand new books on the Amazon Kindle store (I bought a brand new book that came out from a well known author a few days ago for only £5!)

Why did I ask for it in the first place?

Anyway, the main reason I asked for a Kindle Fire instead of a normal Kindle was due to the fact that as I am a student, I wanted to make sure that I could use it for lectures so the tablet side of it really appealed to me and of course those cheap books! I

also loved the idea of having games and apps on it. It seemed like everything in one!

Why the HD version?

The reason I picked the HD version was simply because reading up on the differences between the two (HD screen is obviously one, and the improved Dolby speakers on the back of the Kindle Fire HD was another) meant that the HD version is a lot more value for money and being a student I want as much as possible for my money as I can!

So what do I like about it?

Honestly, I love everything. The fact it has a HDMI port to connect to my TV means watching my films on LoveFilm is so easy and it even came with a months free subscription! I also love the general

feel of my Kindle. Whilst I have wrapped it up in a protective case which also can be used as a stand (eBay £2.99 - Check it out!) the general look of the item without the case has a lovely matte casing which looks expensive and sophisticated. The speakers are amazing, it doesn’t have the general tinny feel of a media device like my mobile phone or iPod touch. The actual screen is stunning looking, the bright colours and crispness of it means watching anything on it, from browsing Facebook to watching your favourite films using the LoveFilm application, has an amazing picture quality. I also love the battery life. I was reading a book, then watching films on it all day and by the end it still had 15% left.

• The Amazon Kindle Fire HD
      I love things with long battery lives and therefore I am thrilled with what I’ve been given with this item.

Anything I dislike?

Well. The Amazon Appstore isn’t exactly fantastic. A lot of the apps I love on my Android phone are not on here and if they are, they seem quite expensive. I also found that the home screen with a carousel style is quite annoying especially for someone like me who has a slight OCD about all icons being the same size/shape… However, rooting, like I did try out (ooops sorry internet police) has solved all of this. I have an Android style home screen and the Google play store. Whilst this does not still include some applications such as 4OD, it is much better and I love

it even more. If you don’t want to root it (completely fine as it took me an entire night to work out, especially with some pretty tense problem-solving!) then you might want to read up on side loading applications using apk files. This is quite a helpful tool and means you can get some of your favourite files without any extra hassle or voiding your warranty - which rooting does!

Overall I love this item and honestly think it’s amazing for the money. Most Android tablets I’ve tried under the £200 mark (Ahem the Nexus) have just felt cheap whereas this one feels expensive and well worth every penny. I even persuaded my friend into buying one to take to China with her and she loves it, I never see her away from it!

Ladise Washarum says :

7 HD display screen
16GB internal (approximately 12.6GB available for user content)
Dual-band Wi-Fi
Ambient light sensor accelerometer gyroscope
Dual-core 1.2GHz OMAP 4460
-Great Resolution,Kindle Fire HD also delivers rich colour and deep contrast from every angle, with an advanced polarising filter and anti-glare technology.
-Can reduced screen glare
-Exclusive Dolby Audio
-Dual-Driver Stereo SpeakersTwo Antennas, Better BandwidthDual Band SupportPowerful HD ProcessorOver 11 hours of Battery Life

Jayant says :

Its a really great offer It looks great in hands and has a very clear display even in the day light. The strain on eyes is considerably lesser. The features are making it more and more like a tablet and not just a ebook reader. The price could be brought down ,but,it’s a great one

Isadora Night says :

I have to agree that it is becoming more like a tablet - this is probably why it is so expensive.

• To Buy or Not to Buy
  • + If you have 270 to spend then yes its a great device to have. ;

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1620081616620431/k2311a0820/8.20.13