Handbags and Shoes Wall Decal with hooks from Wake Up Frankie  » Furniture  »
  • This is definitely the first kind of wall decal like this that I've come across
  • My only problem with this decal set, is the hooks aren't necessarily that strong and won't hold that much weight
  • So, I replaced the hooks for some more durable, yet similiar ones and haven't had those problems and they didn't cost that much, so it wasn't much of an issue and they hold up much better
  • I think the wall decals are a great addition to any room, especially in small spaces
  • It loses a point because of the hook issue, but I would still recommend this item because with or without the hooks, the decal is still worth buying and whether the hooks work for you or not, they can always been replaced with better ones for just a few dollars at your local hardware store

• by WholexHearted

After purchasing my first wall decal from WakeupFrankie.com and loving that one so much, I looked at the various others that they had available on the site to see if the were to my liking and came across this Handbags and Shoes Wall Decal with hooks from Wake Up Frankie which I thought was extremely cute and would look great in my closet, the fact that it came with hooks that you could add below the shelf and give it somewhat of a 3D effect only heightened my interest in buying this product.

As with most wall decals, this works pretty much the same; You carefully peel off the decorative piece then stick it on a clean surface, whether it be a wall, a furniture piece such as a dresser, a mirror, door, etc, (Preferably a place you intend on keeping it for a long while as most wall decals are only good for a one time use, as if you can even manage to get it to peel off cleanly, the

adhesive likely won’t allow to be re-stuck back on a surface), except what makes this stand out from the rest is that this wall decal also comes with a set of hooks that just changes the complete look of this to something even more awesome.

The wall decal is all black mostly, with white and grey shadings, and consists of a few decorative boxes, a handbag, a single shoe, all on a shelf with several shoes that can be placed either down below or off to the side, wherever you decide. But, as I’ve mentioned above, this decal set comes with 3 hooks; They use the same adhesive as the decal, and can be placed right below the shelf (Or elsewhere if you would like), that you can actually hang your purses, coats, hats, etc on and it’s just a really cool illusion whether up close or far away. This is definitely the first kind of wall decal like this that I’ve come across.

The adhesive is very strong; Once you peel it off the plastic, (Carefully keeping the decal spaced out so it doesn’t get stuck to anything else, or another part of the decal, it won’t be easy to get it off.) sticking it on the hard surface (Make sure the area is clean beforehand and free of any dust, and the area is preferably smooth) is a breeze. Smooth over it with your hand a few times, and it’s as good as there ’til you decide you want it off. (In which case, shouldn’t be for a long time as you, at least in my opinion, should only be applying wall decals where you’ll want them for quite awhile and definitely avoid placing them on wallpaper least of all seeing as the strong adhesive can likely rip the wallpaper beneath it during removal.)

My only problem with this decal set, is the hooks aren’t necessarily that strong and won’t hold that much weight; Even hanging something as light as a scarf made the hooks fall down and sometimes they would just randomly ...

• Handbags and Shoes Wall Decal with hooks from Wake Up Frankie
      fall off, even if nothing was hanging on them. So, I replaced the hooks for some more durable, yet similiar ones and haven’t had those problems and they didn’t cost that much, so it wasn’t much of an issue and they hold up much better. Given that this wall decal wasn’t that costly to begin with, and would have been great even without the hooks, spending a few dollars more for better hooks was no big deal. As for the wall decal itself, I haven’t encountered any problems; It’s stuck perfectly on the inside of my closet wall (With the replaced hooks below the shelf) with a few purses and it looks great. I love it. I actually put the single shoes decals on top of my shoe rack that’s right below the shelf decal, and it just adds to the coolness to see the decal shoes next to actual pairs of shoes.

Seeing as the wall of my closet has the ‘rocky’ texture like most painted walls in an apartment, the

hooks that came supplied with this decal set might work better on smooth surfaced walls better and that may of been why these particular hooks didn’t work for me and why I had to buy others. So, if you have smooth surfaced walls, they may work better in your case.

The hook problem definitely did not deter me from possibly buying additional wall decals from Wake Up Frankie in the future, as I will probably buy more as I’ve noticed a few others to my liking. I think the wall decals are a great addition to any room, especially in small spaces.

Giving this Handbags and Shoes Wall Decal with hooks from Wake Up Frankie a 9; It loses a point because of the hook issue, but I would still recommend this item because with or without the hooks, the decal is still worth buying and whether the hooks work for you or not, they can always been replaced with better ones for just a few dollars at your local hardware store.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5719081616550831/k2311a0819/8.19.13