“Relax” Shelf Sign from Seventh Avenue
  • If there's anything I need a daily reminder of, it's definitely to 'Relax' because I don't do that enough on a daily basis
  • I'm not even sure I know the definition of the word anymore
  • I bought it, not with the notion that it would actually help me relax, but because I thought it was just a cute little sign, something for me to laugh at from the irony of it and then partly because maybe since I spend a lot of time at home, that I would have to see this sign everyday and maybe it would help me to remember to relax more every time I see it

• by WholexHearted

If there’s anything I need a daily reminder of, it’s definitely to ‘Relax’ because I don’t do that enough on a daily basis. In fact, I rarely do such. I’m not even sure I know the definition of the word anymore; Being an over-thinker about pretty much everything there is to think about and worrying about pretty much everything there is to worry about, it’s too much stress on one person and although I try to ‘relax’, it does take some effort to actually settle down and do so, I still don’t do as much relaxing as I would wish to.

While browsing SeventhAvenue.com for a birthday gift for my mom (She loves Seventh Avenue products as mush as I do), I happened to come across this shelf sign that said ‘Relax’ and

it actually made me laugh when I saw it because it’s as if the site was speaking directly to me. I bought it, not with the notion that it would actually help me relax, but because I thought it was just a cute little sign, something for me to laugh at from the irony of it and then partly because maybe since I spend a lot of time at home, that I would have to see this sign everyday and maybe it would help me to remember to relax more every time I see it. I placed it on the dresser in my bedroom, since I’m in that room every day; I see this sign when I wake up, when I’m getting ready for bed and several times throughout the day, and honestly, every time I see this sign, even If I’m not necessarily hyped up at that moment, I take a minute and just breathe to relax myself; It makes me feel better throughout the day, just taking that breather and calming down helps me to relax and that’s just what I need especially on a busy, hectic day.

The sign itself, the wording is in a pretty cursive font and the letters are actually a lot bigger than I expected them to be, but I was even more pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and got this displayed. Even if it did nothing more than just look pretty on display in my room, I still find it well worth it.

Although the solid wood shade isn’t the most attractive and kinds stands out (in ...

a bad way) in my bedroom since I don’t have many wood or brown items to make this blend in with my decor, I would have loved if they offered perhaps an all black colored sign, an all white, or just a few additional color choices if we didn’t necessarily like the solid wood look. However, given that this is solid wood and the surface is smooth, spray paint will take nicely to it and that’s what I intend to do with this product in the very near future; And since spray paint only costs a dew dollars, I don’t have any gripe about buying a few cans so I can make this otherwise lovely ‘Relax’ sign match my decor better. On another note, the solid wood feels nice and looks nice, and
      weighs quite a bit so it’s not easily knocked over and stands upright decently, and is actually pretty thick and a ‘handful’ to hold.

I was quite surprised that a word shaped out of wood, placed right on my dresser, could actually help me accomplish something I want to do more of but if works, it works, no need to question it and that makes it all the well worth it.

So, if you’re like me, and could use a little more relaxation in your life, just a daily reminder to remind you to relax, this sign is great and may actually help you do that as it’s helped me. It’s definitely not a waste of money because it does actually help. Now, if only I can find more actions that I need daily reminders of.

anvesh says :

it is ore helpful for me thanks…

Shayna Resnick says :

re : If there’s anything I need a daily reminder of, it’s definitely to ‘Relax’ because I don’t do that enough on a daily basis
It’s a good thing to see in your living space.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5719081616520831/k2311a0819/8.19.13