Malm Occasional Table from Ikea  » Furniture  »
  • But, then I thought how much of a pain it must be when it's not in use since I figured it would be left over the bed
  • What makes this over-the-bed table better, at least in my opinion, than the regular bed tables that you place over your lap
  • It'll probably work just as great with a full with some space left over, but I wouldn't recommend this with a twin sized bed because that would be a lot of excess space extended out from the bed
  • When I do move it, it's no problem, I simply slide it against one of my walls over a dresser off drawers that just so happens to be almost the entire length of the table and so they fit well together and since I don't really keep anything on the dresser, I have nothing to continuously move every time I move this table from the wall, to the bed, and vice versa
  • I love it and can't imagine not having it now that I do

• by WholexHearted

When I first saw this Malm Occasional table from Ikea (On display set over a bed in one of their rooms set up for display), my first thought was how awesome it was that this was like a desk for the bed and took those bed tables to a completely nother level. But, then I thought how much of a pain it must be when it’s not in use since I figured it would be left over the bed; Even if you pushed it down, to me, it seemed like it would just get it the way at some point and wasn’t quite sure I was willing to give up that much space of my bed even with this pushed all the way down to the foot of the bed. But then, I realized, it looked durable but yet light enough (And it actually is) that it can be moved and placed against the wall and look just like any other table instead an over-the-bed kind of one, and then at that point I was back to thinking

that this was a really great product.

What makes this over-the-bed table better, at least in my opinion, than the regular bed tables that you place over your lap; You have a lot more space to work with and can do more things at once while having the room for everything to be spaced out. I can eat and do things on my laptop at the same time without having limited space to work with.

This is also great if there’s a second person in bed with you and wants some work space well. This only fits over double and queen sized beds. It’ll probably work just as great with a full with some space left over, but I wouldn’t recommend this with a twin sized bed because that would be a lot of excess space extended out from the bed.

It’s actually not such a big deal like I intially thought it would be, to keep this table pushed down to the bottom edge of the bed, that’s where I actually keep it most of the time. When I do move it, it’s no problem, I simply slide it against one of my walls over a dresser off drawers that just so happens to be almost the entire length of the table and so they fit well together and since I don’t really keep anything on the dresser, I have nothing to continuously move every time I move this table from the wall, to the bed, and vice versa. And although it’s easy to move, it feels very sturdy and durable, not ‘cheap’ and doesn’t wobble as I’m working on it. If you have a small space, keeping this at the end of the bed really is no big deal and doesn’t take up that much room if kept there because you don’t have the room, or wall space, to keep this, and can even be used to place your extra pillows you move at night before going to bed instead of placing them on the floor like I used to do before purchasing this. My small dog even likes to sleep under this at the foot ...

• Malm Occasional Table from Ikea
      of the bed, so does my cat when I’m not in bed during the day.

I find this over-the-bed table to be the perfect height when I’m sitting up, whether eating, writing, working on my laptop, etc, it’s perfect; I’m able to sit comfortably without slouching over because it’s too low. What I also like about it, is since it can be moved and placed wherever I like; Sometimes, I sit in the middle of the bed with this, and sometimes I sit with my back pressed to the headboard with this right in front of me - There’s no limit to where I can be sitting on the bed to use this.

I simply love Ikea and all of their products and this Malm Occasional Table from Ikea is no exception. It may even be my favorite product that I’ve purchased from them so far. I’m glad that I took a chance on this and I’m sure you will be too if you buy this product. If you don’t like it being white, want another color that might match

your decor better (White fits mine perfectly, and really white goes with anything - And I like it, It looks clean and simple.), because it’s solid wood, you could always spray paint it (Or paint it) a color to your liking and it will take well.

I ended up loving this product a lot more than I originally thought I would. I never even knew such a product like this even existed but after finding it, I’m sure glad it does and it’s quickly become one of the favorite items in my room. I love it and can’t imagine not having it now that I do. I would definitely recommend this product, especially to anyone that enjoys doing things while in bed, this makes it a lot easier to do stuff you may not have been able to do in bed before - Now you can get things done and in the comfort of your own bed. What’s not to like about that? Nothing, I’ll say. Trust me, buy this, you’ll love it and it’s well worth the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5719081616500731/k2311a0819/8.19.13