Lexmark S315 Wireless All-in-One Printer
  • I've owned several printers and I tend to get the best experience with the Lexmark brand
  • I believe it's everything you can ask for in a printer
  • However, I do want to emphasize an issue I ran into while installing it onto Windows XP
  • I found out after doing the install that it's only compatible with XP SP3
  • I love it because it saves ink, which eventually saves money

• by John

I’ve owned several printers and I tend to get the best experience with the Lexmark brand. The S315 continues the trend, it’s a wonderful printer! It prints well, scans well, and it’s cheap. I believe it’s everything you can ask for in a printer. I would even say it’s one of the best Lexmark’s that I’ve owned. I previously owned the Z2300 and I can say that the S315 presents a huge improvement in print and scan quality. I’ve used it for over a year, and I wouldn’t trade it for any other. I operate the S315 on a small network, and it was fairly easy to install, you simply have to install the drivers from the disc. However, I do want to emphasize an issue I ran into while installing it onto Windows XP. I found out after doing the install that

it’s only compatible with XP SP3. With that being said, if you have SP1 or SP2 installed, you will need to upgrade.

The S315 is very user-friendly, I love it’s design! I feel like it’s the perfect size to use in a small office, it’s 10 inches wide and 16 inches long. It fits neatly on my desk, which is a plus. Not a bad appearance either, the glossy black finish looks awesome. There’s nothing too special about the design of the tray, but I like the fact that it’s designed as an extension. It prints with or without the tray extended, which is wonderful because it helps to conserve space. The paper feed guard mechanism is constructed differently than what you seen on most printers. It’s designed with a paper feed guard that keeps the paper snug and straight. I believe it’s

advantageous because it helps to avoid paper jams. I actually haven’t had any paper jams since purchasing it, which is worth appreciating. However, one slight downside to using it in an office is that it only holds 100 sheets of paper. I personally would like to avoid adding paper as often, but I don’t see this as a huge issue.

Something that sets it apart from previous models is the print quality. The resolution is capable of reaching a max of 4800×1200 dpi. The depth of the photos are truly amazing! The downside to printing at a high quality is that it takes a while. On average it takes about 5 seconds to print a page, but it can take up to a minute to print high quality photos. For documents it’s advertised as being about to print 35 pages per minute, which is ...

• Lexmark S315 Wireless All-in-One Printer
      about accurate. There’s not much to mention in terms of printing documents, it’s as expected. Document printing isn’t much of an issue for me personally. However, one thing you’ll notice is that it’s software has collated printing embedded. This essentially allows you to print multiple copies of a document in groups. It’s quite helpful, especially in offices.

There’s nothing too fancy about the copying side, but I do want to acknowledge some convenient features. You can actually adjust the darkness of copies directly from the control panel. Many others have this feature, but it has to be done from the software. I feel like it definitely easier and more convenient to be able to do this directly from the control panel. To adjust it you click on copy, and then darkness. Can’t be much easier. I love it because it

saves ink, which eventually saves money. The control panel also has the ability to enlarge and reduce images. In theory I believe it’s a good concept, however it doesn’t work as well as I expected. Whenever you enlarge a photo over about 10-20 percent, it appears more grainy. This doesn’t happen with documents due to the lack of color, but I believe it’s worth mentioning. The S315 does support two-sided automatic copies, however I see this as lacking a bit. It supports A4 paper, but no other commonly used sizes. It’s disappointing, however this is a lower-priced printer, so you can’t expect everything to be perfect.

Considering it’s price and functionality, I believe it’s well worth it! Of course it does have it’s flaws, but altogether I believe it’s a great printer. If you’re in the market for one, you should give it a look!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1616081616420731/k2311a0816/8.16.13