Mainstay Quick Dry Towel  » Housewares  »
  • I had to be a bit frugal for this project so I decided to get a few things from Wal-Mart
  • I found the color towels that I wanted and noticed there were two different types of the large towels
  • I was frustrated that I had already purchased and used them, but I learned my lesson on skimping on the towels
  • I would not recommend buying the Mainstay 'Quick Dry' towels unless you want something to keep you moist

• by Jennifer

I occasionally get in a redecorating mood and will want to change the look of an entire room. I had this urge a couple weeks ago and decided it was time to tackle one of our bathrooms. It was very impulsive but I already had an idea of what I wanted. I had to be a bit frugal for this project so I decided to get a few things from Wal-Mart. I’ve always thought the quality was exceptional and prices very reasonable.

The last few things I had to get were wash clothes, towels and rugs. I found the color

towels that I wanted and noticed there were two different types of the large towels. One was a basic towel, the second was a quick dry. “Quick dry”, sounds great, right?? Of course, I thought this was wonderful! The towels were so incredibly soft, but all I really kept thinking was “It’s quick dry!!” I grabbed about four towels and headed to check out. For the set of four, I paid about $20.

I got home after getting all my shopping done for the bathroom makeover and took all the tags off of the towels. I always wash my towels before using for many reasons, but one of the most pestering things about a new towel is all the fuzzy little strands that stuck to your skin when drying off. So with the towels washed and dried, the bathroom project was complete!! Everything looked great and I was excited for the change.

Later that night, my fiancé took a shower and used one of the fluffy quick dry towels that I had purchased. He opened the bathroom door and said “Those new towels you bought, they’re awful” I laughed and replied “Was it too soft?? They’re supposed to be ‘quick ...

• Mainstay Quick Dry Towel
      dry’ towels.” He chuckled and said “Quick dry?? More like ’stay wet’!” And that quote pretty much said it all. I wanted to test the towel for myself and found that the towel is not absorbent at all. The water seemed to stay on the surface of the towel yet my skin was still very wet.

I washed them several more times to see if that would maybe help, but I was wrong. Even taking them out of the dryer, they were still damp. So whether the phrase ‘Quick Dry’ meant dry your body quickly or the towel itself dries quickly,

neither was correct! I was frustrated that I had already purchased and used them, but I learned my lesson on skimping on the towels. Later I moved the towels to the guest bathroom rack since they were very nice looking towels, but I had no intentions of fooling someone into using them. I replaced the towels with other much nicer towels that I am very happy with.

I would not recommend buying the Mainstay ‘Quick Dry’ towels unless you want something to keep you moist. Save yourself some time and energy and spend the little bit extra for better quality.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5312081616270731/k2311a0812/8.12.13