The First Wives Club  » Movies  »
  • I would never have had the courage to do what they had done, and that was to transform themselves into happy middle aged women who are capable of finding their own niche in this crazy world
  • Thank god I was watching from the comfort of our den

• by jackie
      This is probably one of the most hilarious movies I’ve ever watched. I just love Goldie Hawn and how she portrays the part of a nonsensical washed out actress.

I could almost relate to Beth Midler and her insatiable appetite for food and sarcasm.

Now, as for Diane Keaton, I can only say that I understand how

she must have felt having a lesbian daughter, as I have a gay younger brother.

Theirs are stories that hold true today, about older women left by their husbands for younger women.

It was remarkable how these women were able to stand up and fight for themselves.

I would never have had the courage to do what ...

• they had done, and that was to transform themselves into happy middle aged women who are capable of finding their own niche in this crazy world.

Although it was quite ridiculous when you think about how their husbands fell flat on their faces, I just can’t over how they plotted revenge against these miserable men.

During the

whole course of the movie, I was never bored.

In fact, my cheeks were aching from laughing so much.

Thank god I was watching from the comfort of our den.

I just can’t believe I never watched this movie before.

This is just the kind of film that I would have watched with my BFFLs (best friends for life).

The First Wives Club

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111305161620931/k2311a0513/5.13.07