Valentine’s Day - Family Guy, Season 11  » TV  »
2.0
  • When I saw the beginning of the episode, I knew it was a parody of some recent movie and after some research, I found out it was the romance film ‘Valentine’s Day’
  • I know that people steal organs all the time, but after looking it up, I was surprised to see just how common it was
  • This was not one of the best Family Guy episodes, but it was a small cut before most of Season 11
  • I would have enjoyed a romance-comedy episode just dealing with one character, not separated into some many

• by sarahdragon26

It would not be Valentine’s Day without a Family Guy episode making fun of the holiday that is more and more like a money making holiday for retailers then a meaningful event in the lives of couples. The title is Valentine’s Day in Quahog and it is the 12th episode of 11th season.

When I saw the beginning of the episode, I knew it was a parody of some recent movie and after some research, I found out it was the romance film ‘Valentine’s Day’. I had never seen it, thou. I just remember it from commercials with all of the different movie stars and there being, what looked like, several different storylines in one movie.

The whole episode is cut up into

sections relating to certain characters within the Family Guy universe. One is about Peter and Lois spending the day together. Another is about Meg meeting a blind date who ends up trying to harvest one of her kidneys. Another is about Quagmire getting his just-desserts by being turned into a woman so he knows what it feels like when he treats women badly. And Stewie gets all of the women that Brian has been to bed with, at least within the Family Guy universe, because Brian complains he’ll never find love. The episode ends with everyone finding happiness with their counterpart or counterparts.

I have to admit that I was shocked that anyone would willingly go out with Meg, but then again, her date’s main purpose was to harvest her kidney. Even thou he gives it back to her at the end. I know that people steal organs all the time, but after looking it up, I was surprised to see just how common it was. Frightening in a way. Meg’s section of the story just dies out after she learns her date’s true intention. It just stops being interesting. Stewie’s romance adventure was one of the few that had me thinking. It was only maybe about two minutes long, but he goes into the past and meets a little girl who he claims to have fallen in love with. But it turns out to be Lois as a child and he gets sick since he ...

• Valentine's Day - Family Guy, Season 11
      kissed her. Just the look on his face after he found out that he kissed his mother, reminded me of Marty McFly’s face after his mother kissed him in Back to the Future. The look of horror. The rest of the extremely short story-lines devoted the rest of the characters were barely memorable and frankly, were so common that their not much to comment about.

This was not one of the best Family Guy episodes, but it was a small cut before most of Season 11. While romance films have flooded the movie theaters over the last few years, just reinforcing the idea behind Valentine’s Day, it wasn’t a surprise that Family Guy just jumped on the bandwagon. Following behind the same storyline

of separating the episode into several parts, focusing small sections to different characters. Only thing is, that doesn’t give much room for story-telling, but in most Family Guy epsiodes, that isn’t what they focus on. I’m into romance, but in small doses. My poor husband was bored out of his mind with this episode, but for me, it was just shy of being a normal romance show that had no real meaning behind it expect to take up air time. I would have enjoyed a romance-comedy episode just dealing with one character, not separated into some many. With so many different events happening in the 30 minute episode, most of the smaller storylines just disappeared from memory once they were over. That’s how unmemorable they were.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 106081616020931/k2311a086/8.6.13