“Boom!” iPhone app
  • I didn't know anything about this particular app, but I really loved the name and the cute little green character on the front of the icon, so I decided to download this game to my phone
  • It was also listed in the top free apps in the iTunes Store, so I thought it must be good and worth checking out
  • I found that some of the levels are very easy and I was able to complete them within seconds
  • Unfortunately, I only got through the first two worlds , then the game informed me that I need to recruit 5 more friends to the game or pay AU$1.99 to unlock the world
  • Definitely worth checking out if you like playing games on your smart phone

• by Kobie

While browsing the iTunes store recently like I usually do, I came across a free app called “Boom!” I didn’t know anything about this particular app, but I really loved the name and the cute little green character on the front of the icon, so I decided to download this game to my phone. It was also listed in the top free apps in the iTunes Store, so I thought it must be good and worth checking out.

The object of the

game is to rescue the small pink character named Pinky from an evil wizard called Belzaar. Pinky has been locked away in cages, and it’s up to the small green character who sits in a tyre to rescue him. The game only takes a couple of minutes to get used to, and it is controlled by touching the screen at each end to drive the green character’s wheel either forwards or backwards. There are coins to collect and you have to wind your way through a series of curves and loops until you eventually reach Pinky trapped in a cage. Once you knock the cage, Pinky is free and the level is complete. I found that some of the levels are very easy and I was able to complete them within seconds. Other levels, however, were extremely challenging and took me quite a while to reach the end. Unfortunately, I only got through the first two “worlds”, then the game informed me that I need to ...
      recruit 5 more friends to the game or pay AU$1.99 to unlock the world. All worlds could be unlocked for AU$5.49, but since it was just a game, I didn’t think this was worth doing and was a bit disappointed that I couldn’t continue playing. I also didn’t like the “add friends to continue” feature as I prefer to just play games on my iPhone on my own when I need to pass some time. It is great though if you do like to add your friends as it has another mode where you are able to race against your friends to save Pinky.

Overall, I really liked this game. It could have included a few more unlocked worlds in the free version, but I still found it to be very fun and enjoyable. I loved the characters and often re-visit the levels whenever I’m bored and need something to do. Definitely worth checking out if you like playing games on your smart phone.

Mohammad Azhar Tandih says :

re : I didn’t know anything about this particular app, but I really loved the name and the cute little green character on the front of the icon, so I decided to download this game to my phone
It looks interesting, I’m checking this one.

Mohammad Azhar Tandih says :

re : Definitely worth checking out if you like playing games on your smart phone
Absolutely, Fun games would entertain me for quite some time.

Carolina says :

Omg A review on my favorite game I love this game, even though at first when I heard about it, I didn’t like because I thought it was “the cheap version of Clash of Clans”. When I tried I got so addicted to the game, and I still playing it.

MFreakz says :

very addictive game and the graphics are rather good too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282081615761031/k2311a082/8.2.13