Crush Grape Soda  » Food  »
  • After a while of tasting nothing but bland fizz I was able to taste the intense interesting flavor of grape
  • I found that the best way to get over the strong fizz flavor was to pour up a little under half a glass and swish it around before completely pouring up a full glass
  • Because I know for certain that you don't shake up soda unless you want a serious mess on your hands
  • I would definitely recommend this soda to a friend

• by nitakb

I ultimately decided to try Crush Grape after having positive results with their original flavor called Crush Orange. My neighborhood Albertson was running a sale on two liter bottles of Crush Grape for a $1.69. Now when it comes to fruit flavored soda, I tend to go initially for grape soda, by welchers or from Stars and Stripes. But since I was expected to bring a few bottles of carbonated drinks to a party and wasn’t in the right place to grab the usual brand, I grabbed a couple of bottles along with few others.

My first expression of Crush Grape

was that it was seriously carbonated. At first I was like “Where in the world is the grape flavor?” One of my friends thought we should have shaken up the bottle. I told her to go ahead, just don’t point it in my direction.

After a while of tasting nothing but bland fizz I was able to taste the intense interesting flavor of grape. I mean I had a eye popping moment going “WOW!” I had to hold up the bottle and re-read the label, wondering if I had welchers in disguise. But no all I had was the Crush Grape label staring back at me. I found that the best way to get over the strong fizz flavor was to pour up a little under half a glass and swish it around before completely pouring up a full glass. I’m thinking that this helped get the flavor syrup better mixed in with the carbonated water. For me this was pretty weird, because I didn’t expect this kind of thing. Because I know for certain that you don’t shake up soda unless you want a serious mess on your hands. Usually if you swish around soda you’ll kill the ...

• Crush Grape Soda
      fizz and make the soda flat. But in this odd case I needed to swish a small amount of soda in a cup first before adding more to complete a full glass. It was like I was finishing what the manufacturer should have done

Besides the separation of the flavor and carbonated water, this grape soda tasted really good. I mean really good, like they actually used real grape juice from concentrate to flavor it At least to me. Sure they used artificial flavoring but its a great imitation. Like most sodas this one tastes the best when it is chilled and poured

over ice. Now I will say that even though the fizz is initially strong with this soda, it dies fairly quick.

For a twenty-ounces you’re getting two hundred and seventy calories, no fat, one hundred and ten milligrams of sodium. Seventy-two grams of carbs, with seventy-one grams of sugar. And it is caffeine free.

In the end I am glad that I gave this flavor of Crush a try. I can honestly say that I won’t hesitate to buy this in the future. I got my money’s worth, and a full punch of flavor.

I would definitely recommend this soda to a friend.

Crush Grape Soda
Matt says :

I totally agree with the assessment that Grape Crush doesn’t come on strong at first. It’s sort of strange. The grape flavor gets me in the back of the throat too. I prefer a milder grape soda. The local grocery chain around here has a good one for 25 cents in the vending machine outside.

Joanna says :

Grape Crush reminds me of my childhood. I don’t drink it often, but I enjoy it. I like that Crush isn’t overpowering in its flavoring. Its such a nice thing to have on a hot day.

Jacqueline says :

re : I would definitely recommend this soda to a friend
The first time i tried this soda was with my boyfriend and now it’s our favourite one. If we eat pizza this is the only drink we think about. It’s a perfect combination.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271081615530831/k2311a081/8.1.13