Idea Cellular Services Pune
Pune India
  • The region is well covered by the Idea Cellular Network so you can rome anywhere around the city without facing the cellular coverage problem
  • As far as the cost-effectiveness is compared, Idea rental plans are costly

• by Mindatwork

I am using Idea Cellular network for last 5 years. The services provided by the cellular in Pune region are excellent.

The region is well covered by the Idea Cellular Network so you can rome anywhere around the city without facing the cellular coverage problem.

I have tried

other cellular networks in the Pune region but the network coverage was at its worst.

Even the quality of voice was bad.

Idea has provided various exciting rental plans to its subscribers.

The quality of voice provided by the cellular network is excellent and I have never ...

• felt problem with that.

They have recently introduced one feature that you can SMS ‘no ads’ to specified number and they will stop bugging you of unwanted product advertisements through SMS.

I loved this feature and found relief of those unwanted ads.

The customer care service provided by

idea is good.

I have got solved my problems with them.

As far as the cost-effectiveness is compared, Idea rental plans are costly.

But if you need to rome around the city as mine and don’t want any voice disturbances during phone call , Idea is the only network for you.

Naga Ambarish says :

I am using prepaid Idea, the number is 9763213770. I dont want unnecessary calls like ring tones and other. I have tried 12345, but of no use. I am getting so many calls during peak office hours disturbing me and others. Can u plz look into this.

Jules Li says :

This is something that will need to be looked into by customer service. They would be the only place that has access to your account.

Galega says :

It is quite easy to use Do Not Disturb service on your phone. After activation, you will not receive any unwanted telecalls, sms, etc. Here is the link where you are required to enter your prepaid mobile number. You will get an SMS after that.

C.S.THORAT says :

I got prepaid card with number 9822572055. Many times Iam getting unwanted advertise calls.Please stop all this calls.Also I don`t want to continue with SMS of JOKES and ASTRO. Please unsubscribe both the SMS.

Galega says :

Hey Thorat, you can easily get rid of these unwanted calls. All you need to do is to subscribe for DO NOT DISTURB service. Make a call to the customer care executive and he will tell you how to send an SMS to activate this service. It may take one day for this service to be activated on your mobile phone after which you will not get any calls.

As for SMS and ASTRO SMS that you are complaining about, I think it will continue to be forwarded to your number. Here your company is promoting some internal products which may not come under the purview of Do Not Disturb. However talk to customer care about this and see what is their response.

Dr A B Mazumdar says :

I have prepaid connection with number 9850742516. For sometime unjustified deductions are being made in the prepaid account. For example yesterday the balance was Rs 309, today it is Rs 304, in this period I have not made any call. I have not opted for any scheme or any facility. Yesterday I have sent two emails to ccare of Idea without any response. Even my mails have not been acknowledged.

Galega says :

Mazumdar, you might have send email to wrong address. Whatever, since you are facing deduction without any reason, your money must be returned. All you need to do is to make a call to the customer care executive and ask him to stop any service that is activated on your phone. If you are sure that not you, not any of your family has activated any service on your phone, then ask for refund. But, before that please make sure that you have not subscribed for any service and it is mistake by Idea.

Deval says :

I am facing a lot of problem with the network, calls get cut off in between the conversation, i m getting rid with that. So can u plz tel me where is the idea cellular service station in pune near PASHAN

Galega says :

Hi Deval, here is the idea office near Pashan, Pune. I am also giving phone number of the office so that you can make direct call to sort out any issues.

S No 11/1, Sharada Centre, Off Karve Road, Erandawane, Erandawane, Pune, Maharashtra 411004
    020 6641 2222

cts says :

Prepaid number being discntinued after recharge I had taken a prepaid idea sim and I have been using this for 10 years. I had also inserted a lifetime validity service within this network. I recharged with rs 1000 and did not use it for 60 days. Idea has discontinued my sim and given it to someone else. They also didnot bother to inform me or refund back the money. The customer care is not professional and this is a hopeless network.

Galega says :

Sorry to see CTS that you have lots money. i wonder why you did this. Recharging the phone for Rs. 1000 and then not using it for continuously two months is amazing. Even if you had used the mobile, they would not have disconnected it.

All mobile operators in india are recently doing this. They are disconnecting any number which has never been used for last two months. You are also a victim of this policy change.

There is no way to get back the number, now. However you can try to get back money which is possible. Talk to the customer care executive regarding this and share your experience here.

Regards

sanjay bhalgat says :

I am using prepaid Idea, the number is 9822511865. I dont want unnecessary calls like ring tones and other. I have tried 12345, but of no use. I am getting so many calls during peak office hours disturbing me and others. Can u plz look into this.

Galega says :

[at]sanjay bhagwat: If you are still wondering how to stop getting irrelevant calls like ring tones, you can do this easily.

Just make a call to 1909 and DO NOT DISTURB will be activated for your phone. It means you will not get any unwanted calls. This may take up to 7 days to implement DND on your number after making the call. Needless to say, this is a toll free number.

C.S.THORAT says :

Igot prepaid card with number 9822572055. Many times Iam getting unwanted advertise calls.Please stop all this calls.Also I don`t want to continue with SMS of JOKES and ASTRO. Please unsubscribe both the SMS.

Galega says :

Talk to customer care they may give you way to end this menace.

There are also many other ways to do this like activating DO NOT DISTURB facility. This can be activated through a SMS or through a call.

Make a call to 1909 and your phone will come under the purview of Do Not Disturb regulation, meaning there will not be any unwanted and unsolicited calls/advertisements….

Anil Pardeshi says :

I am having Idea prepaid plan on my mobile No.9921924612. Even though there was no request for dialer tone activation through my cell, my no. is forced to receive the same and on recharging the voucher, the monthly rent for the dialer tone is instantly deducted leaving no balance to my mobile. I am sick with the policy of Idea and there is no response on the customer care no. May I request you to please stop the irritative dialer tone activation on my cell. I will be highly obliged to you.

Galega says :

[at]Anil: Talk to customer care and ask them how you can stop this service. They can easily stop it for you, or may ask you to send an SMS to a number.

If this service is started without yours doing anything then you shuould also get refund. Try to convince the executive about this.

However, refund will be made only if you have called them within 24 hours of the activation of any service.

Anil Pardeshi says :

I am having prepaid plan on my cell phone No.9921924612. Even though I have not sent any request for dialer tone activation, I am forced to have it on my cell. The available customer care No. is also not responding and no sooner I recharge the voucher than immediately the monthly charges for the dialer tone activation is deducted leaving no balance to my mobile. May I request to please stop the irritative dialer tone activation and save me from the untoward charges for the same as I only recharge with Rs.30 - voucher as and when required by me. I will be highly obliged to you.

Anil Pardeshi says :

I am having Idea prepaid plan on my mobile No.9921924612. Despite of my earlier request, the dialer tone activation has not been discontinued on my cell. With folded hands I request you to please stop that irritative dialer tone activation on my cell and save me from the inordinate charges per month. Your customer care No. for the complaint is not accessible. No one personally is attending the querry. If any such no. is available please communicate via email. ANIL PARDESHI 9921924612

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221305161540931/k2311a0513/5.13.07