Paul Stanley “Live To Win” album
  • I thought his first solo album was incredible, and I was just as impressed with this follow up solo album
  • It sort of has a more modern rock feel to it I think
  • It has some really cool lyrics too, which I love
  • I don't think there's one bad song on the entire album
  • His energy and charisma is clearly conveyed through each track on this album and each song is uniquely amazing

• by Kobie

Live To Win” is the second solo album from Kiss front man, Paul Stanley. It was released in 2006, and as a huge fan of Kiss, I was very excited to hear this album. I thought his first solo album was incredible, and I was just as impressed with this follow up solo album. It does have quite a different vibe to all the Kiss albums, but I really like it. It sort of has a more modern rock feel to it I think. The album contains 10 songs, each one of great quality.

I think my

personal favourite song off “Live To Win” would have to be the fourth track titled “Every Time I See You Around”. It’s just a really nice song that really suits Paul Stanley’s voice to a tee. I often listen to this track on repeat it’s so good. It’s also currently one of my most played songs in my entire iTunes library. Another fantastic song off this album is called “All About You”. For some reason, this song always makes me feel good whenever I listen to it. It has some really cool lyrics too, which I love. While
      these tracks are both quite energetic, Paul Stanley does take things down a notch on tracks like “Second To None” and “Loving You Without You Now”. These two tracks are much quieter and are both beautifully written. They also have some really sweet lyrics in them. I’m very fond of these songs. The title track of the album “Live To Win” is another very memorable track. It’s a very inspirational song that delivers the message of not giving up and always trying to achieve your goals. Perhaps one of the most powerful songs on the album, I often ...

• Paul Stanley
      listen to this song when I need some motivation in my life. All of these mentioned songs are my favourites off the album, however, all of the remaining tracks such as “Bulletproof”, “It’s Not Me”, “Lift”, “Wake Up Screaming” and “Where Angels Dare” are also wonderful. I don’t think there’s one bad song on the entire album. It’s an album I can listen to entirely without skipping over any of the tracks.

I also really like the album cover which depicts a photo of Paul Stanley’s face with his name and album title printed at the top

in bold white lettering. It’s very simple, yet eye catching enough to grab your attention. I think it looks fantastic!

In my opinion, Paul Stanley is one of the best front men in rock and can do absolutely no wrong when it comes to music. His energy and charisma is clearly conveyed through each track on this album and each song is uniquely amazing. I think this is a great album that will appeal to all fans of rock music. It will also appeal to many Kiss fans, but just don’t expect it to sound like a Kiss record.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1429071615260931/k2311a0729/7.29.13