GU Chomps Energy Chews Watermelon  » Health  »
  • One of the biggest reasons that I dislike this product is the cost
  • They cost $30 for a package that includes 16 total bags
  • I think if I had a package of each flavor, it might be better

• by Justin Smith

I have been training for a half-marathon for half a year now. I am currently on my way to my second half-marathon and I am trying new energy supplements. GU Chomps are doing the job for me, but they could be better and cheaper.

One of the biggest reasons that I dislike this product is the cost. They

cost $30 for a package that includes 16 total bags. Each bag contains 8 chews. Each chew is supposed to be taken every 30 minutes of activity. It says on the package that an entire pack will give you about 2 hours of energy. This is about one run of over 9 miles. I cannot afford to be using a pack every time I run.

The main benefit of choosing these over other products is the fact that they don’t contain too much sugar. The other good thing that they have going for them is the Vitamin C content. They are basically Orange Juice in a package. They have a lot of flavors that you ...

• GU Chomps Energy Chews Watermelon
      can choose from. The watermelon is getting old. I think if I had a package of each flavor, it might be better. I wish they would offer that.

I have been trying other things such as Swedish fish, but those have too much sugar content and a lot of fat and unhealthy things added to them. These GU

Chomps are a healthy choice in most cases. They do not act as electrolyte replacements though, I use Nuun sports drinks for that.

In conclusion, these are great if you can afford them. I only use them on my long runs where I need extra energy. You should take them every half hour if you plan on running a long distance.

quick note by anonymous :

where do u buy Gu chomps at I would love to help sale this stuff to stores

Joanna says :

Hi,

I was able to find a bulk package of this product at vitacost.com
Here is the link specifically for the watermelon flavor:

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joanna

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429071615250931/k2311a0729/7.29.13