Disney Animal Kingdom, Orlando, Florida  » Entertainment  »
551 Rainforest Rd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, United States
  • I'd recommend checking out this ride as early as you can as it is one of the most popular attractions in the park and lines do tend to get ridiculously long after a while
  • I think it's one of the best rides the park has to offer, and I love that it lets guests see wild animals up close from the safety of a vehicle
  • We saw Giraffes, Alligators, Rhinoceros, Zebras and many more amazing creatures
  • This is one of my favourite areas of the park
  • I will definitely visit again in the future

• by Kobie

While visiting Disney World in Orlando, Florida with my family recently, I spent a day exploring the wonderful Disney Animal Kingdom theme park. I had been here before several times over the past few years, and it seemed that not much had changed. It was still just as fun as I remembered it though.

I arrived at the park early in the morning as I usually do and found that entrance lines were conveniently short. This allowed us to enter the park in just a few minutes. The great thing about Animal Kingdom is it’s safari theme. It makes you feel as though you are in Africa or somewhere similar. Once inside, we decided to head over to the Animal Safari ride. I’d recommend checking out this ride as early as you can as it is one of the most popular attractions in the park and lines

do tend to get ridiculously long after a while. I think it’s one of the best rides the park has to offer, and I love that it lets guests see wild animals up close from the safety of a vehicle. All the animals were quite active and were moving around. We saw Giraffes, Alligators, Rhinoceros, Zebras and many more amazing creatures.

Once we had completed the Safari ride, we walked over to DinoLand U.S.A. This is one of my favourite areas of the park. Inside DinoLand U.S.A. there is an awesome ride called Primeval Whirl. This is seriously one of the best rides. It’s like a mini roller coaster and spins, curves and turns it’s way through the entire track. It’s fun and something that the whole family will enjoy. Myself and my family went on this ride numerous times throughout the day. Also located in DinoLand U.S.A. is an attraction called Dinosaur. This ride sort of reminded me of Disneyland’s Indianna Jones attraction. Seated in a jeep, you are taken on an intense adventure surrounded by Dinosaurs of all kinds. It’s a very good ride and even takes your photo towards the end which is always entertaining to look at when you get off the ride.

Another excellent ride is the Kali River Rapids which are located in the Asia part of the park. This is the perfect ride for summer as it takes you on a light, adventurous water-rapid journey. I must warn you though, you WILL get wet. I am always soaked by the time I get off this ride, but that’s the fun part. Also located in the Asia part is the relatively new ride called Expedition Everest. I think this might actually be the best ride on offer. It’s a fast-paced ...

• Disney Animal Kingdom, Orlando, Florida
      coaster that winds and drops through a mountain layout. I particularly love the part where the ride takes you on a fast, backwards journey. As soon as I got off this ride, I immediately went on it again it was that good.

Animal Kingdom just wouldn’t be complete without more real life animals, so this is where the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail is great. Along the trail can see animals like tigers, gorillas, birds, fish and even a hippo. All the animals are in nice environments and it really feels as if you are watching them in the wild. For more animals, you can also take the short Wildlife Express Train ride to a different area of the park.

Throughout the park there are many different eating places. I loved the bakery located in the Africa part of the park. I bought an amazing small cake from

there that was shaped like a lion and made out of chocolate and cream. Very fitting to the animal theme, and it was also delicious!

Just like Disneyland, Animal Kingdom has the “It’s Tough To Be A Bug” 3D show. I always find this to be very enjoyable and would greatly recommend this attraction to park-goers of all ages. There is also a fantastic bird show that is worth checking out called Flights Of Wonder. I was really looking forward to seeing the parade to, but each time I was there it was cancelled due to weather, which was disappointing but uncontrollable.

There are many more attractions to choose from, and these are just some of my favourites. I think Disney Animal Kingdom definitely has something for everyone and is a theme park that will be enjoyed by people of all ages. I will definitely visit again in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5925071615081031/k2311a0725/7.25.13