Figaro: Mesquite Liquid Smoke and Marinade  » Food  »
  • Mesquite Liquid Smoke and Marinade, I decided to try on both chicken and pork
  • I learned from the last time that this can be a real issue because the liquid smoke can actually over saturate the meat and make the meat taste funny
  • One thing I noticed with marinading with this liquid smoke is you have put something over the bowl so the entire fridge wont smell like it and the food and beverage that's partially open in the fridge won't taste like it
  • I think I liked it better than the Hickory flavored one
  • For a low price and a big flavor, I would happily recommend this to my friends

• by nitakb

I initially tried the Hickory version of this marinade previously and liked it tremendously. So when I got the opportunity again, I brought another bottle of that flavor and a bottle of Figaro: Mesquite Liquid Smoke and Marinade for ninety-four cents at Walmart.

I personally love to season my cuts meat, whether it be pork, chicken, beef or whatever else. Since I brought Figaro: Mesquite Liquid Smoke and Marinade, I decided to try on both chicken and pork. I wasn’t too keen on trying it on fish.

Since this bottle of liquid of smoke doesn’t come with a plastic piece for easy application, I pierced a whole in the middle to keep from adding too much to the meat and from making a mess.

I learned from the last time that this can be a real issue because the liquid smoke can actually over saturate the meat and make the meat taste funny. Now What I did to also make sure that the liquid smoke did it’s job was also pierce the flesh of the meat, so it could seep in and do it’s work.

My first experiment was on chicken breast. What I did was take some of my usual seasonings, and some sliced onions on the side, and then sprinkled on some of the liquid smoke. I made sure get it on both side and to have enough for it marinade in for a half hour. One thing I noticed with marinading with this liquid smoke is you have put something over the bowl so the entire fridge wont smell like it and the food and beverage that’s partially open in the fridge won’t taste like it.

My results were absolutely amazing. Of course I wasn’t expecting to get the outdoor grill taste, but the chicken was full of flavor. The meat wasn’t dry nor was it stringy. I didn’t even have to cook as long as I usually do. I think it shaved off about ten minutes. This proved that the marinade really breaks down the proteins and makes the meat tender. I didn’t really have to put any effort into cutting away a piece. Before I knew it was eating the chicken with my fingers. The fork ...

• Figaro: Mesquite Liquid Smoke and Marinade
      was just getting in the way of me enjoying the flavor.

The next I tried was on some pork. I usually buy the thicker cut of pork chops from Kroger that are already tender. But with my curiosity, I used this more as a sauce with my regular seasonings, instead of a marinade. In a pan with light oil I baked my pork chops until done. My results for the pork chops was also mouthwatering. The pork chops actually tasted like I tossed them out on the grill too. The mesquite flavor was intense in the pork chop. In the back of my mind I was like “Dang, I didn’t even pierce any holes into it.” I could only imagine how good it would taste

if I would have put it on the grill. Although I grilled hamburger meat with it. Which made grilling more fun because the meat took no time at all and it was packing with flavor.

I ended up using this entire bottle in less than a months time. This liquid smoke is just that good. I think I liked it better than the Hickory flavored one. I love that I don’t have to worry about calories and the sodium is pretty low in it. Only fifty-five milligrams in total. Not bad for something that taste’s like there’s more in it. Its pretty straight forward. Just pour on the flavor!

For a low price and a big flavor, I would happily recommend this to my friends.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2725071615021031/k2311a0725/7.25.13