Banquet: Homestyle Bakes: Country Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Biscuits
  • I can honestly say that creamy white chicken gravy was my favorite part
  • I know for certain that I will stick to making my own mashed potatoes and biscuits

• by nitakb

I decided to try this Banquet: Homestyle Bakes: Country Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Biscuits Meal kit after trying the other kits from the Banquet Homestyle Bakes. I liked those pretty well considering I was short on time and wanted something easy to make for dinner. With this kit, it was no different.

I personally like biscuits served with hot gravy with thick mash potatoes on the side. As goes for the chicken I have seasoned baked chicken served on the side along with it. Basically speaking, I’m not new to the whole idea of this idea.

What’s included in the is one can of creamy gravy with white meat chicken, one pouch of buttermilk biscuit mix and one pouch of potato mix. Then what you’ll basically need is one and

one half cups of hot water and then another one-half cup of water that isn’t hot.

The preparation of this meal kit is pretty straight forward. It’s broken down into four parts that is literally step by step. The first step instructs that you preheat the oven to four hundred degrees, and in a 8×8 baking dish, stir together the potato mix and one and a half cup of hot water. I added my own seasonings, before completely blending it. Then step number two instructs you to pour over the can of creamy gravy. Step number three calls for you to mix together biscuit with the half cup of water, but in my case I used milk instead. Then it instructed that I drop on nine spoonfuls of

biscuit batter on to the gravy. I had a little more than nine spoonfuls, so I made sure the gravy was covered completely. The last step was to bake it for about thirty-five minutes or until golden brown. I also served this meal kit along with a batch of buffalo hot wings and green beans.

I can honestly say that creamy white chicken gravy was my favorite part. I tasted it before pouring it on the mashed potatoes. To me it tasted more like a Alfredo sauce more than gravy. I feel like I could have used this on pasta for another kind of dish. It was seasoned, and I don’t mean blandly like just salt and pepper but actually put some thought into it. And once it was ...

• Banquet: Homestyle Bakes: Country Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Biscuits
      heat it up, it seemed to taste even better. I figured out that the reason why it tasted so good was because it had the preservative MSG included into. The mashed potatoes and biscuits were good too. For meal a meal kit it tasted decent. The entire meal tasted pretty tasty. Although I can honestly say that it isn’t exactly what I would make for myself. Putting the biscuits and mashed potatoes together is kind of out of the ordinary.

This meal kit alone serves five people in total. A single serving, which is about a cup, is three hundred and fifty calories with one hundred and fifty calories. There is fifteen milligrams of cholesterol, one thousand and three hundred and ten milligrams of sodium. Three hundred and thirty milligrams

of potassium, with forty-one gram of carbs, and ten grams of protein. This is pretty good except for the sodium selection. That part is actually kind of alarming because it didn’t taste salty. So if you’re the type of person whose mindful of their salt intake, I would steer clear of this for sure.

After trying this meal and experiencing this for myself, I can honestly say that I would buy this again in the future. Mostly for the can of gravy included. I know for certain that I will stick to making my own mashed potatoes and biscuits. That’s not to say that I won’t look to use this meal kit in the future for a easy fix. For only $3.99 this isn’t bad.

I would recommend this to a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2725071614991031/k2311a0725/7.25.13