Disney Epcot, Orlando Fl  » Entertainment  »
Epcot Center Parking Rd,, Orlando, FL 32830, United States
  • Located in Orlando, Florida, Disney Epcot theme park is one of my favourite Disney Parks to visit
  • When I first entered the Epcot park, the first thing I immediately noticed was the massive white sphere
  • I thought this was very clever and a wonderful idea
  • Mission Space is an amazing experience and shows you what it feels like to take off in a space shuttle into space exploration
  • In the evening after I was done exploring each part of the park, I decided to check out the show Illuminations

• by Kobie

Located in Orlando, Florida, Disney Epcot theme park is one of my favourite Disney Parks to visit. Instantly recognisable from it’s gigantic white sphere that sort of looks like a giant golf ball, the park embraces the themes of international culture and technological innovation.

When I first entered the Epcot park, the first thing I immediately noticed was the massive white sphere. Curious about this white sphere, I discovered that there was a ride inside called Spaceship Earth. The line was long, but I joined it anyway and found that it actually moved very quickly. “Spaceship Earth” is a slow moving attraction that shows park-goers how advanced we have become in the area of technology and our ways of living. It’s a fascinating ride that the whole family can enjoy and for a little extra fun, the ride takes each visitor’s photo and includes you in a personalised cartoon at the end. I thought this was very clever and a wonderful idea.

Once you move on past the sphere, there is a nice fountain and a land called “Future World East” with attractions

such as Mission Space and Universe Of Energy. Mission Space is an amazing experience and shows you what it feels like to take off in a space shuttle into space exploration. It’s a surreal feeling, and actually felt like I was taking off into space. Each passenger is given a role including pilot, navigator, engineer and commander. I was the commander and every now and then, you have to push a button in order to complete a task relating to your role. It’s a fun ride, but you do have to sit in a small, enclosed space, so if you’re claustrophobic, this might not be a good ride for you. Unfortunately, Universe Of Energy wasn’t as fun as Mission Space. When you first enter this attraction, you are led into a large room where you have to wait quite a while until the room fills up. Once everyone is inside, a video hosted by Ellen Degeneres starts playing. Once that’s finished, you are led into a second room where you board the actual ride. It’s a very boring and tedious attraction that drags on for at least 40 minutes. There was one cool part where you move through a room full of life-like dinosaurs, but that was just about the only part I liked. Another great ride in the “Future World East” land, and possibly the best ride in the park, is Test Track. Test Track is the fastest attraction in Epcot and the concept of the ride is that you’re in a vehicle going through numerous safety tests. I love the speed of this ride and I love seeing the photo it takes of you at the end.

Another of Epcot’s lands is “Future World West”. “Future World West” is home to attractions such as The Seas With Nemo And Friends and Imagination! The Seas With Nemo And Friends is a cute ride featuring all of the Finding Nemo characters. This is one that young children will just adore. The ride takes you on a journey under the sea, and at the end when you get off, you find yourself in an area with aquariums full of eels, fish, sea horses and even manatees. The ride really has ...

• Disney Epcot, Orlando Fl
      a warm feel to it, and I went on it several times throughout the day. Imagination! is another ride that I particularly love. Hosted by a small purple dragon-like character called Figment, the ride is weird and wonderful and is sure to make you smile! Also in “Future West World” is “The Land”. In “The Land”, there are attractions like Soarin’ which is the same as Disneyland’s Soarin’ Over California, and Living With The Land, which is an engaging educational journey through green houses and fish farms.

Perhaps the most intriguing and interesting part of Disney Epcot, is The World Showcase. The World Showcase is situated around a large lake and features buildings, restaurants and attractions from different parts of the world. I love this part of the park as it’s almost like visiting several countries in the space of a few hours. The countries include Italy, America, Japan, Morocco, France, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, China, Mexico and Norway. It took me quite a while to explore each one and when it was time for lunch, I opted to go for fish and

chips in the United Kingdom part. France also had a magnificent cake store filled with every cake imaginable, that will satisfy any sweet tooth. A couple of these countries featured in The World Showcase included their own attractions such as Mexico which had a ride that was fun and reminded me of Disneyland’s It’s A Small World, and Norway that featured a very cool and under-rated ride with the theme of vikings. The norway ride was awesome, however, I’d skip the film at the end. While it’s educational and provides a lot of information, it’s not all that entertaining.

In the evening after I was done exploring each part of the park, I decided to check out the show “Illuminations: Reflections of Earth” which takes place on the lake. The show revolves around a giant globe with fireworks and lighting effects. It was good to see, but to be honest, I was expecting more from it. It’s worth taking a look though.

Overall, Epcot provides a great day for all. No matter how many times I’ve been there, I always look forward to my next visit.

jack m says :

re : In the evening after I was done exploring each part of the park, I decided to check out the show Illuminations
solid collection of rides.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5924071614791131/k2311a0724/7.24.13