Maybelline The Falsies Volum’ Express Mascara
  • I found my answer in Maybelline's Volum' Express The Falsies mascara
  • Packaged in a cute, eye catching bright purple container, I was extremely impressed at just how good this Volum' Express The Falsies mascara turned out to be
  • Personally, I like a more dramatic, dark look which I was able to achieve through applying multiple coats of the mascara to my eyelashes
  • I didn't have to keep re-applying the product which was very convenient to my busy schedule
  • I must admit that the mascara was quite difficult to remove though, even with my trusty make up remover wipes

• by Kobie

I have never been very good at applying false eyelashes, so I made it my mission to find a mascara that was an easy alternative and provided the same effect of full, thick, gorgeous lashes. I found my answer in Maybelline’s “VolumExpress The Falsies” mascara.

Packaged in a cute, eye catching bright purple container, I was extremely impressed at just how good this VolumExpress The Falsies mascara

turned out to be. It was cheap and had a great, easy to use brush that allowed me to fan out my eyelashes in a nice way. It really lengthened my eyelashes too, making them look super long and also provided a nice thick and full appearance. I have to say, it was exactly what I had been searching for. This mascara never looked lumpy, and also didn’t irritate my eyes or make my eyelashes clump together which I’ve experienced in the past with other brands. It was durable and lasted all day long even in the rain, without looking too caked on. It also had a nice natural look to it and could be applied in different styles and thicknesses. Personally, I like a more dramatic, dark look which I was able to achieve through applying multiple coats of the mascara ...
      • Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara
      to my eyelashes. However, if you want a very natural look, this is also easily attainable by just using one or two light coats over your lashes. I found that I only had to do it once in the morning and I was good to go for the rest of the day. I didn’t have to keep re-applying the product which was very convenient to my busy schedule.

I must admit that the mascara was quite difficult to remove though, even with my trusty make up remover wipes. It always took me a long time to take it off each day and sometimes in the process, I’d lose a few eyelashes. This was the only slight downside I could find with the product, but overall I was extremely pleased with it’s performance. I still regularly buy this mascara and use it daily.

Jesintha says :

re : I must admit that the mascara was quite difficult to remove though, even with my trusty make up remover wipes

I purchased this mascara because of it’s packaging, what attracted me was it’s color which I honestly adore since I have not come across other mascaras that share the same packaging.

Secondly, the term`The Falsies Volume’, instantly captured my attention as I love mascaras that could give me the dramatic, dark, lustrous look without having to apply it over and over and over again

My verdict is,`The Falsies Volume’ definitely did not disappoint me in terms of it’s`Falsies Volume’ effect. It gave me that dramatic, dark, lustrous look without having the effort to apply it numerous times. It gave my eyes the clean look as it is not lumpy at all.

However, whether or not I would purchase this mascara again, I honestly would have to think twice because I do not like mascaras that require a lot of time to remove and which would cause me to lose my lashes. I could not remove this mascara from my eye lashes using a make up remover, all that was coming off was my lashes which really got me worried because I do not have thick lashes. Thank Goodness for the hair oil I had which I used to remove the mascara but got my whole eye area so oily instead, and I had to double cleansed my face. On top of that, because I used force to remove the mascara, I had skin irritation around my eye area which was not a pleasant sight at all.

Since I use make up on an everyday basis, I prefer to purchase make up products that are easy to remove.

Kobie replies :

I absolutely agree with everything you’ve said. While this mascara does look wonderful on, removing it does take a lot of time compared to other brands I have used in the past. I also find that I lose a few lashes in the removal process no matter how careful I am with my makeup wipes, however I do still purchase this brand. I just love the way it looks

Joanna says :

I would like to make a suggestion here. I like this product for those times that I am going for a dramatic look. To help get the product off, use a cotton ball with a little bit of baby oil on it. The mascara sticks to the baby oil and comes right off. You can also use mineral oil for the medicine section of your local store. However, I like the smell of baby oil better. It doesn’t take long at all.

Kobie replies :

I will have to try that sometime. Thanks for the advice

cloclo says :

How about try using castor oil. I have read awhile back that Castor oil make lashes stronger and thicker. It can also be an alternative.

Kobie replies :

I haven’t tried that yet. Will have to give it a go. Thanks for the suggestion :)

taylor says :

re : I found my answer in Maybelline’s Volum’ Express The Falsies mascara
I was looking for a mascara that would suit me well, and leave my eyelashes long and lush. Maybelline is one of the very few mascaras that leave your eyelashes looking dramatically thick. This product surpasses those of many because it keeps your eyelashes looking thick without the clumps. Maybelline is one of the leading mascaras in the makeup industry and will continue to be, as long as they keep producing products like this one.
Maybelline is an amazing product and has been useful for me throughout my experience with makeup. I hope that those around me can recognize this product for what it is, which is amazing

Kobie replies :

Yes, I have to agree. I think Maybelline is definitely one of the leading, most reliable brands in make up and cosmetics.

Catherine McLeod says :

re : I found my answer in Maybelline’s Volum’ Express The Falsies mascara
Its a really great mascara, I always use this kind, it makes lashes look long full of volume.

Ashley Herrington says :

re : I found my answer in Maybelline’s Volum’ Express The Falsies mascara
Recently , I was shopping, and found Maybelline’s Volum’ Express The Falsies mascara on sale So of course, trying to save a couple dollars I got this product and figured I would at least give it a try To my surprise, I LOVE it I love how thick and full it makes my lashes They never look flimsy and clumped with this stuff They are super BLACK and full and Vibrant I will hands down, buy this again Even over a product that IS on sale, I will probably find myself spending the extra dollar to get this And, For some reason, some mascaras make my eyes irritated, itchy and uncomfortable, then I end up rubbing it, and it becomes smirred, NOT WITH Maybelline One of the cheaper products on the shelf, but one of the best as well

Kellie says :

re : I found my answer in Maybelline’s Volum’ Express The Falsies mascara
I absolutely hated this product. It was extremely clumpy. I applied as normal getting rid of the excess and using my lash separator to help clean up my lashes. However, I still had more clumps than normal for this type of massccara. I would not recommend this product.

Hi Kellie,

I’m sorry that you had so many problems. I have two suggestions for you. First, I have found that soaking the mascara tube in hot water for a few minutes helps to dissolve clumps during use.

That being said, if you are looking for a good substitute I suggest Milani’s Double the Volume Black Mascara. It is only a few dollars at Wlgreens and is a great substitute. I have never had problems with clumps from the Milani Mascara.

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Joanna

Melissa says :

Wow yes this is the absolute best I really love this product and the best thing is , is also how it appeals in color. I know that it may be a product game to appeal to women but I could not be pleased more with the product also the last effect of the mascara. It remains fresh all day long. And I did not experience a clumping problem either. I think that the best part of using this was also the lasting factor, four months later I still have plenty to spare.

Makayla says :

While I like this mascara for the price, it doesn’t give you the false eyelash look at all. If you want that look, I’d recommend Estee Lauder Sumptuous Infinite. Though you are paying more money, you are getting what you pay for. All of the Estee Lauder mascaras help give the appearance of longer lashes. I would recommend Estee Lauder before I recommended any drug store mascara. As far as mascara goes, the best drug store brand would be Maybelline though. L`Oreal also has one good mascara, Voluminous Original. I would stick away from any mascara that has collagen as that can cause itchy eyes or irritation.

paradisecity222 replies :

While I haven’t tried the Estee Lauder range of cosmetics, I have to disagree - I think the Maybelline Falsies does provide quite a good false eyelash look. Obviously not as authentic as actual false eyelashes, but for a mascara, I believe it’s quite good. Someone even asked me once on one ocassion if I was wearing false eyelashes when in fact, I was only wearing this mascara.

Hi Makayla,

If you didn’t like the Maybelline, perhaps you might try Milani’s Double Volume in Blackest Black. I use both, and I always get asked if I am wearing false lashes when I use the Milani. I like the Maybelline too, but if you are looking for a mascara that gives dramatic results without the cost of the Estee Lauder, I would definitely suggest Milani.

Hope this helps.

Joanna

Heather says :

re : Personally, I like a more dramatic, dark look which I was able to achieve through applying multiple coats of the mascara to my eyelashes
I definitely agree with you here I always apply multiple coats, especially since my lashes are blonde, and this mascara worked wonders. It is my favourite drugstore mascara to use and I always get thick, fanned out lashes without any clumps

Kay says :

I completely agree. Make up remover, remover wipes, and elbow grease did nothing but aggravate this product and cause it to smudge. It took washing my entire face with bar soap to get rid of this product. Not my favorite.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi, have you tried organic coconut oil? It breaks through and adheres to the wax (which is what helps the mascara stick and gives it it’s waterproof properties). I have a falsies dramatic mascara that I got from Sephora and this is what the store consultant told me to use. It works great, plus it’s super good for the skin. It’s very nourishing and I have actually seen improvement in the skin texture around my eyes since I have been using it.

Pratibha says :

Hi,
Why dont you try johnson and johnson baby oil it just melts the mascara completely.

Renukha says :

re : Packaged in a cute, eye catching bright purple container, I was extremely impressed at just how good this Volum’ Express The Falsies mascara turned out to be
It comes in a eye catching bright purple container. I was really impressed with the mascara as it lengthens my lashes to the max..the best

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124071614661131/k2311a0724/7.24.13