Alberto VO5 Moisture Milks: Strawberries and Cream Conditioner  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was looking to replenish my conditioner for my conditioning purposes and because my friend recommend it to me after having a color rinse
  • I knew that it would have no problem leaving my hair smelling great
  • The next thing I noticed about this conditioner is the consistency of it
  • I did this each time I shampooed my hair until I began to experience some itching and a minor break out on the skin between my eyebrows
  • But I know unless they change the formula, I won't be repurchasing this for my own personal use

• by nitakb

I picked up a bottle of VO5 moisture milks strawberries and cream conditioner from Kroger when they were running a sale for only eighty-nine cents. I was looking to replenish my conditioner for my conditioning purposes and because my friend recommend it to me after having a color rinse. Since VO5 is safe for color treated hair I didn’t hesitate to give it a try. For under a dollar I thought, what could possibly go wrong?

This conditioner is heavy with the scent of strawberry. Seriously I had the impression of them squeezing in an entire strawberry patch into one twelve ounce

bottle. It honestly smelled good enough to eat. I knew that it would have no problem leaving my hair smelling great.

The next thing I noticed about this conditioner is the consistency of it. The conditioner is thick and not in the least bit runny. This is something that I’m used to when it comes down to conditioners. It makes it where I can use alot less and make it easier to smooth on to my hair. I also can use it as a deep conditioner.

Upon using this I applied enough conditioner to lightly coat my hair from the front to back of my head. I combed it with a wide tooth comb and massaged it in to work it through. I left it on for the duration of my shower before fully rinsing. I did this each time I shampooed my hair until I began to experience some itching and a minor break out on the skin between my eyebrows. The patch turned red and eventually began to flake. This proved that the moisturizer in the conditioner clashed with my already oily skin, causing a reaction. I immediately stopped using it until the area cleared up and the skin no longer ...

• Alberto VO5 Moisture Milks: Strawberries and Cream Conditioner
      itched. When I finally worked up enough nerve to use the conditioner I made sure to make sure it never hit my forehead or any other skin on my face. Although, I still ended giving the rest of the conditioner to my friend who initially raved about it. There was no use in wasting a half bottle of conditioner.

Even though my skin was negatively effected by this conditioner my hair benefited greatly from it. Not only was my hair extra fragrant after using this it was a alot softer to the touch, easier to comb, and my curls were bouncier and stronger.

Whenever I went to straighten my hair, it obeyed and straightened alot better too. I could turn down the heat and still get the job done.

In the end I was disappointed at the skin reaction that I had with this conditioner. Because this is the second conditioner from VO5 that has done that to me. Its a shame because it smells really good. Although I enjoyed using for conditioning and getting the results that I got. But I know unless they change the formula, I won’t be repurchasing this for my own personal use.

I would still recommend this to a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118071614311031/k2311a0718/7.18.13