Alberto VO5 Extra Body Volumizing Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • One product I decided to try is called Alberto VO5 Extra Body Volumzing Shampoo
  • Now I know that there are no such things as miracle- instant working products
  • I bought it for a dollar at my neighborhood dollar store instead of my usual designated shampoo
  • This was the best for me to tell the difference in my hair
  • I would recommend this to a friend whose in need of a quick boost

• by nitakb

There are times when even some of the curliest hair needs a little boost in the volume department. Sometimes hair products that are meant for volume, bounce and shine don’t even work. I personally have this inconvenience from time to time and have turned to countless name brands for help. One product I decided to try is called Alberto VO5 Extra Body Volumzing Shampoo. Now I know that there are no such things as miracle- instant working products. I kept this in mind, when purchasing this shampoo. I bought it for a dollar at my neighborhood dollar store instead of my usual designated shampoo.

With this Alberto VO5 Extra Body Volumzing Shampoo it contains collagen. Now I’ve previously heard positive things about products with collagen for

both skin and hair. The body has it’s own collagen that keeps the skin tight and keep wrinkles away. So I’m guessing Alberto is taking the same effect and using for hair. The bottle claims that the collagen would enhance and create vibrant bounce. It’s also to supposed to help strengthen hair and leave it strong. I know from the promises of Alberto VO5 that they included five vitamins. Not only does this shampoo this contain collagen, the shampoo also contains Panthenol, which helps the hair stay strong and prevent breakage. So I was pretty confident that when using I would get positive results.

I have to say that this shampoo doesn’t smell the greatest. I mean it’s not horrible, or revolting but it’s certainly not a bottle of herbal essence. The fragrance is one that both women and men can use. It’s not fruity, or artificially sweet scented. For some reason it kind of reminds me of a medicated shampoo meant for dandruff. I used this shampoo mixed with a small amount of clarifying shampoo from suave to help cover the scent.

Through out the duration of this, I dampened my hair with warm water and then massaged the shampoo on to my roots and worked it down to my tips. I left it on for about two minutes before rinsing it away. I kept doing this each time I watched my until I was halfway through the bottle. I made sure to take note of my hair bounciness and how ...

• Alberto VO5 Extra Body Volumizing Shampoo
      it would act after I straightened or curled with curling wands. This was the best for me to tell the difference in my hair. And let me tell you my hair held a better curl. And this is without my usual spritzing and curl serum. I was also surprised at how shiny hair my hair was too. It had a glossy like finish like I used a shine serum. Now oddly after a while my hair wasn’t any softer than before but a little more harder. It also felt more coarser than before too. I first I thought it was just the shampoo causing this, so eased up on using and started alternated another shampoo. My hair seemed to soften some after this, but it also started
      to become limp and lose it bounce. This proved to me that this shampoo delivers temporary results and doesn’t last long unless you continue the use of the product. I eventually finished this bottle of shampoo, only using it when I needed the extra boost.

After buying and experiencing this product I feel like I got my money’s worth. I realized that it’s only a temporary fix to limp hair. Now I know that if I need to perk my hair up in a short period of time I can buy this shampoo and do just that. The only thing I can say I wish would change about this product is the scent. Other than that it’s pretty awesome.

I would recommend this to a friend whose in need of a quick boost.

Patricia McNaughton says :

Hello, I am in Canada, namely Alberta and I would like to inquire as to who carries the product “alberto balsam, extra body volumizing shampoo with collagen. I have used it forever and find it is the best shampoo for my hair and the type of water where I live. Actually, it seems to adapt to any water as it is an awesome product. Also,the conditioner as well. Thank You.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117071614230831/k2311a0717/7.17.13