Beauty and the Beast 1991 BluRay Movie
  • One of the greatest Disney cartoons and one of the best cartoons of all time is Beauty and the Beast
  • I love how Belle’s golden dress during the ballroom scene just glowed and glittered
  • I think it was amazing how they made the reflection of Beast and Belle dancing in the ballroom so believable and real
  • The music became a timeless classic to me, that I know every note and word by heart
  • The second part that I really enjoyed was when the villagers attacked the castle, causing the magical servant objects to fight back

• by sarahdragon26

One of the greatest Disney cartoons and one of the best cartoons of all time is Beauty and the Beast. I don’t care if anyone agrees with me or not about my opinion above. Beauty and the Beast was released in 1991 and it didn’t just broke records, but the movie changed the face of animation, cartoons, and what could be done in an animated feature. It reinforced the belief that miracles can happen and love can heal the most injured soul.

Once Beauty and the Beast came out of the Disney vault and was released on BluRay, I was quick to pick it up. I purchased the Special Edition BluRay with all of the deleted scenes that didn’t make it into the original 1991 film. While not many scenes were deleted from the original film, I was glad to see the musical scene that was cut appear in the special edition. It is a scene where

all of the magical servant objects sing about being human again. I had never even heard this song before, so it was fun to hear and see a part of Beauty and the Beast that new.

If there is someone out there who doesn’t know the story, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is about a spoiled prince who is transformed into an ugly beast to match his beasty nature and will remain that way forever unless he could learn to love before the last petal of the magical rose fell. Beast falls in love with the beautiful Belle, who eventually falls in love with him, after she sees the man under the beast. It’s one of those wonderful stories about trusting and loving someone who is completely your opposite in appearance, but is everything like you on inside. But please, don’t confuse this movie with the original storybook of Beauty and the Beast. From reading the original

storybook, it’s a much darker and grimmer story than Disney portrayed. I’m glad Disney made their story much lighter, but kept some of the slightly dark elements.

The animation was purely wonderful. I love how Belle’s golden dress during the ballroom scene just glowed and glittered. Beauty and the Beast set new standards for hand drawn animation, which isn’t done even often anymore with CGI animation becoming the forefront for many animated features. I think it was amazing how they made the reflection of Beast and Belle dancing in the ballroom so believable and real. It just blew me away on how well it was done.

I love the dark, moody prince beast who didn’t know how to make the beauty Belle love him, but once he started to act like himself, she starts to see the man under it all. Roby Benson played such a wounded, angry, and yet vulnerable prince who just didn’t know how ...

• Beauty and the Beast 1991 BluRay Movie
      to be himself. Paige O’Hara made me a believer when it came to beauties loving beasts. She played Belle with grace and beauty. And how she showed the Beast and the world watching the movie, that the real beast or monster was not her prince, but Gaston, the man trying to force her to marry him. That was the real monster.

As for the music, I love older Disney music that was true music instead of all this teen pop stuff they release now. I used to perform the songs from Beauty and the Beast in talent shows as a child. The music became a timeless classic to me, that I know every note and word by heart. I first really fell in love with music and singing after singing Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast songs. After that, my love for music just continued to bloom.

My two favorite parts of the movie are when

Beast and Belle have their dance in the ballroom because it was just so beautiful and touching to every little girl who has ever wanted to be a princess or be the belle of the ball. The second part that I really enjoyed was when the villagers attacked the castle, causing the magical servant objects to fight back. Just the things that the objects did, like jump on the villagers or pull the rugs out from under them; things like that were just so funny to watch. The villagers just didn’t know what was going to happen next.

Beauty and the Beast is a classic that everyone should see at least once in their lifetime. And I’m not just saying this because it’s Disney. It is one of the best animation films of all time with excellent storytelling, animation, and music to make it a timeless classic. And who doesn’t love the fact that love triumphs over all?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1116071614090731/k2311a0716/7.16.13