Keansburg, NJ Amusement Park  » Entertainment  »
Keansburg, NJ
  • I had checked the website before embarking on the 2 hour drive, and I was impressed with what I thought looked like a state fair, and I was excited, as the state fair in my city had been discontinued about 5 years ago
  • Which was not really the issue, as my sister and I understood that it would take some time for rebuilding
  • If you are in your teens or early 20s like my sister and I, invest in the extra dollars to attend Dorney, Hershey, or Six Flags, at least until their website is an accurate representation of what you will experience, or unless you have kids that fit the description I gave
  • I will admit, we did have fun on the 4 or 5 rides we did get on, but was it worth a 2 hour drive (because we were only there for an hour), I think not

• by Bria S.

Keansburg. A city in Northern New Jersey, devastated by the superstorm Sandy. I had never heard about this place up until a week ago, when my sister invited me for a road trip up there, after purchasing a GROUPON for wristbands that gave us unlimited ride access.

Keansburg itself is a pleasant town. It has plenty activities on the outskirts.

However, when arriving to the actual amusement park, I was extremely underwhelmed. I had checked the website before embarking on the 2 hour drive, and

I was impressed with what I thought looked like a state fair, and I was excited, as the state fair in my city had been discontinued about 5 years ago.

What I saw in front of me was completely misrepresented by the website. The website boasts renovations and new rides, yet when we got there (excuse my candor) it looked like they were still cleaning up from Sandy.

Which was not really the issue, as my sister and I understood that it would take some time for rebuilding. Our issue was the misrepresentation.

A lot of times people will exaggerate in order to attract people, but we actually felt cheated. There were puddles of water everywhere, we had to wait to get on rides, not because there were lines, but because one single crew member would be in charge of multiple ride operations.

More than half of the carnival style games were not operational, and 3 of the rides were also not operational at all. The bathrooms looked like they ...

• Keansburg, NJ Amusement Park
      came from Camp Crystal Lake.

There was also a kid’s group there on a trip, and it didn’t seem like the ride operators were very good with handling kids. Most of the kid rides were functional, and so young children that are short enough for kiddie rides and just make the cut for the older rides will enjoy themselves.

at least until their website is an accurate representation of what you will experience, or unless you have kids that fit the description I gave. I will admit, we did have fun on the 4 or 5 rides we did get on, but was it worth a 2 hour drive (because we were only there for an hour), I think not.

It’s a shame because obviously they don’t have enough money/business to do the renovations necessary to attract the crowds they need to maintain these renovations.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 598071613580831/k2311a078/7.8.13