Jewelmint
1.5
  • As someone who loves jewelry, I decided to purchase a few products from this website
  • I used to purchase a lot from this website because I enjoyed the high quality of the pieces and the unique designs
  • Now, I must say that I’m quite disappointed in their lack of originality
  • When returning a product, you need to email their customer service about the issue and wait for their reply
  • It’s really up to you if you want to join this website, but I think it’s important for consumers to know about an honest opinion about Jewelmint

• by Yvette

The purpose of this review is to provide an honest report of my experiences using Jewelmint’s website. I will also try to my best to explain what the entire membership process is like from a consumer’s point of view.

Jewelmint began a few years ago and it gained a lot of popularity through YouTube and a few magazine features. It originally had Kate Bosworth as a co-designer of the jewelry pieces. (FYI, she is no longer is affiliated with the website.) As someone who loves jewelry, I decided to purchase a few products from this website. After all, the designs were incredibly chic and lovely.

Now before you decide to buy anything from Jewelmint, you need to know about the membership process. The company states their policies in their FAQs, but they are not explicitly shown on the homepage. After you make your first purchase, Jewelmint automatically enrolls you as a member. And as a member, they charge you $29.99 each

month unless (a) you make a purchase within the first 5 days of the month, or (b) you click a “SKIP” button before the fifth day of the month.

I used to purchase a lot from this website because I enjoyed the high quality of the pieces and the unique designs. (I also loved how they offer free standard shipping.) However, as of late, the designs have become tacky and generic. (Maybe this has something to do with Kate’s departure?) I don’t think they use the same quality of metals and craftmanship as they did with their original collections. In fact, I’ve had parts of a necklace and a pair of earrings that broke off after 3-4 uses. The main thing that really turned me off was how some of their designs are clear knock-offs of jewelry from other brands. One necklace that they have on their website right now is a clear copy of a necklace I spotted ...

• on ShopBop. I joined Jewelmint in the first place because I loved the unique quirkiness of the pieces. Now, I must say that I’m quite disappointed in their lack of originality.

The customer service is also abysmal. When returning a product, you need to email their customer service about the issue and wait for their reply. Twice, I’ve had to send constant reminder emails to get someone to respond to me after a week of sending my initial email. Their website is also really glitchy and they constantly change the site’s interface, which makes it really confusing for consumers to navigate through. During one month, their SKIP button did not work properly and many customers flooded to Jewelmint’s facebook page to complain. I had to call the company to make sure that I wouldn’t get charged for the month. Alas, the customer service rep was extremely rude and kept insisting that I was doing something wrong. I finally figured out

(yes, on my own) that I needed to download the Jewelmint app for my phone and skip the monthly fee through the app.

After awhile, I was seriously thinking about canceling my membership with Jewelmint. However, some of my friends who left Jewelmint still got charged each month after cancelling their membership, and they were forced to settle the problem through their bank. I don’t want to go through that, so I guess I’ll keep my membership and skip each month.

If you are interested in looking at their designs without wanting to commit to the membership, I suggest you browse through their Facebook page. There, you will see photographs of the latest releases as well as some members’ honest opinions about some of the products. It’s really up to you if you want to join this website, but I think it’s important for consumers to know about an honest opinion about Jewelmint. Please use their website with extreme caution.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 451071613290831/k2311a071/7.1.13