Maybelline Volum’Express The Falsies Mascara
  • Beyond the inherent bulkiness, I think that the product is actually rather sleek looking- the tube itself a deep purple with silver typeface
  • Maybelline's Volum’Express The Falsies Mascara has quickly become one of my favorite mascaras
  • After the first coat my lashes were definitely visibly more fanned out than they were previously, but not by the amount I feel was boasted by the company

• by DJ Harris

I’m usually very selective when picking a new mascara. That being said, I do take recommendations very seriously. A friend of mine recently suggested that I try Maybelline Volum’Express the Falsies Washable Mascara so I recently picked it up. I was first intrigued by the packaging which, while not out of the norm for Maybelline (Its general shape was pretty consistent with the rest of the brands’ mascara

tubes), was certainly more bulky than many of their other products of the same nature. Beyond the inherent bulkiness, I think that the product is actually rather sleek looking- the tube itself a deep purple with silver typeface. The mascara itself, though, is more dynamic than its packaging.

Maybelline’s Volum’Express The Falsies Mascara has quickly become one of my favorite mascaras. I find the formula to be a pleasant consistency; I don’t feel as though I’m painting my eyelashes on with some thick, sticky, inky black mess-which is not something I can say for many other types of mascara on the market. When I used this product my lashes did appear darker and longer but did not appear much thicker, contradicting the company’s promise of incredibly lush, voluminous lashes. That’s not to say that I don’t think ...

• Maybelline Volum'Express The Falsies Mascara
      my lashes were at all affected by the apparent “voluminous” nature of the product. After the first coat my lashes were definitely visibly more fanned out than they were previously, but not by the amount I feel was boasted by the company. I will say that while the claims about volume aren’t exactly backed up by the performance of product, all other claims are. My lashes were obviously curlier and stretched out. The wand is soft and fluffy and doesn’t pull at my lashes at all, which is something that I really appreciate.

I’ve found this product to be lovely-very pleasant to use. It makes my lashes appear darker, longer, and curlier all while remaining fluffy and touchable. I’m glad my friend recommended it to me-after using the product I’ll make sure to do the same.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128061613160930/k2311a0628/6.28.13