Chicco Cortina Together Stroller - Element
  • Having used a regular single child Chicco Stroller and loving it, I decided I would go with the Chicco line for when we watched our young niece and nephew
  • If you are going away on a trip such as to Disney World and you have two older toddlers, they should definitely have their own stroller individually anyway
  • There are perks and disadvantages but overall I find it easier than if I had a side by side
  • It is priced at 299 at BabiesRUs and is worth the money in my opinion

• by Crystal

Having used a regular single child Chicco Stroller and loving it, I decided I would go with the Chicco line for when we watched our young niece and nephew. They are both very small children and this fit in this stroller perfectly. First I’d like to note that they are rated to hold two children up to 40 pounds each. Some people are turned off by the low pound rating but when you think about it, a child doesn’t hit 40 pounds until they are well over a couple of years old. On a double stroller, you can’t expect it to carry around 2 four to five year olds not matter what style you choose. If you are going away on a trip such as to Disney World and you have two older toddlers, they should definitely have their own stroller individually anyway. Otherwise, I personally believe a double stroller’s purpose is to carry two very

young children.

Weight limit aside, this is the only stroller I have found that can carry TWO infant car seats. That is a huge deal even though one of them is out of a carseat already. I plan on having more children and if I have twins (which is a high probability since they run on every angle of the family) I would definitely need a travel system that could carry two carseats. I can tell they would be completely secure as it has the keyfit lock which worked well on my regular single stroller.

This stroller also has two canopies which really do block a lot of the sun. So many strollers I have used make me feel like the canopy is just their for aesthetics. Not in this case. The back seat actually seems to have more sun protection since it gets the shade from the back of the front seat too

but the front seat canopy does a reasonable job at blocking sun as well. Granted the passenger of the front seat has their legs exposed to the sun but that’s par for the course when using any stroller.

The storage basket underneath is to die for! It pretty much runs the whole length of the stroller and is relatively easy to access from the back or the sides. That really comes in handy when you are toting around two children, plus your own in another stroller (obviously requiring two adults at that point). I sometimes watch my niece by herself and it works out well going for walks with her in one seat and my son in the other. They both love to hang out in the stroller and enjoy knowing they have each other’s company. I would have thought it would be better for them to interact in a side by side stroller but they don’t ...

• Chicco Cortina Together Stroller - Element
      seem to mind at all being one in front of the other. Our walks our filled with laughing and singing!

A major plus is that the handle adjusts to your height. I’m a taller person and being able to choose the height of the stroller bar makes life so much easier. It also comes equipped with cupholders for me and cupholders for the kids. Chicco really thought of everything and everyone when they made this stroller.

People have asked me how it is maneuvering in a store with this stroller. There are perks and disadvantages but overall I find it easier than if I had a side by side. Even though the side by sides are made to be able to get into a doorway, I find it so much easier to maneuver through with this style. It takes a little getting used to to open the door while walking through, but it’s better than maneuvering a side by side through, where their little arms could side swipe the door if you’re not careful. Walking through the store can be a bit tricky and I wouldn’t advise taking it in closed quarters but for standard grocery shopping trips and mall visits, it works like a charm.

Packing up the stroller is really not much of a hassle at all. Apparently it is rated as weighing 15% lighter than other strollers in it’s class and I would believe it as it doesn’t feel like I’m breaking my back to load it in the car. It takes up a decent amount of room in the car which is to be expected of a double stroller, but it does fold up very nicely. This stroller is worth checking out for those busy days with multiple kids. Especially on beach trips when you’re walking down the boardwalk! It is priced at 299 at BabiesRUs and is worth the money in my opinion!

RAMUMUROOTHY RAO A L RAMAN says :

re : If you are going away on a trip such as to Disney World and you have two older toddlers, they should definitely have their own stroller individually anyway
I agreed. Although they grown enough but they should definitely have their own stroller individually anyway. This is because we parents unable to carry their kids and walk too far. This will be very tiring. More over, the kids also will be tired and sleep. If there is a stroller for each kids sure they will take a cat nap and feel nice and fresh. If you are going away on a trip such as to Disney World make sure you enjoy with your kids rather than unhappy situation.

Dmitriy says :

re : It is priced at 299 at BabiesRUs and is worth the money in my opinion
I have the twins. So I totally agree that the price matches the product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5427061613010830/k2311a0627/6.27.13